What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad will not charge

Tommyandamanda21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having issue with ipad charging. I bought a universal ipod/Iphone/ipad cable and it worked for a day and now it say not charging. I used a friends ipod touch charger and it says charging assecory not supported.

Any ideas. Thanks.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tommyandamanda21 said:
I am having issue with ipad charging. I bought a universal ipod/Iphone/ipad cable and it worked for a day and now it say not charging. I used a friends ipod touch charger and it says charging assecory not supported.

Any ideas. Thanks.

That is because the charging block the thingie that plugs into the electrical plug socket has to be for a iPad and not an iPod. From what I read there is more power sent to the iPad using the charger that was made for it.

That is why an iPad will not hare when hooked up to a computer where as an iPod/iPhone will charge.

Go to eBay and search for a charger means for the iPad you may want to even purchase the charging cable as well.

Ok I just plugged in my iPad using my charger for my iPhone 4s and the indication that the iPad was indeed charging

So the charger might not be any good.

I have had to replace charging blocks before.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts