What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad warranty

glaze77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all.
I have just got a s/h ipad1 & am new to apple, what my problem is I have been having problems with my micro sim can not get it to work itune keeps saying simcard not supported so I gave a call to apple to find out if it is locked to a network & they say all iPads are open to all networks so do not know what to do all so when I was talking to apple I gave them the iemi number & he said I have 192 days to go on the warranty so what I would like to know is if I have any problems with the iPad can I take it to apple for repair or replace or will they ask for proof that I am the first owner.
Thanks for reading all the best Martin

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iPads can be locked, but in the USA I don't believe they are ever. Where abouts are you, and do you know anything about where it came from since it is second hand?

I have an iPad1 locked to Orange in the UK, so it is not uncommon. However, if you take it to an Apple store they will be able to tell right away. I queried mine when I was in the shop and within about 10 seconds they told me my iPad was locked to Orange (which I knew, I was just testing!)...

OP
glaze77

glaze77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
iPads can be locked, but in the USA I don't believe they are ever. Where abouts are you, and do you know anything about where it came from since it is second hand?

I have an iPad1 locked to Orange in the UK, so it is not uncommon. However, if you take it to an Apple store they will be able to tell right away. I queried mine when I was in the shop and within about 10 seconds they told me my iPad was locked to Orange (which I knew, I was just testing!)...

Hi thanks for the reply I am in London, the guy I got it from said it was sim free but he will not reply to my calls or texs so I think it might be locked but I have tried the the three network & vodafone, I am going to go to the apple store on sat but as the iPad has been jail broke should I take it off before I go & if so I do I remove Cydia.thanks for reading Martin

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the UK most locked iPads are locked to Orange. So see if you can find an Orange SIM to try it with. It's not possible to unlock a locked iPad (or, at least, no one is offering that service yet) so taking it to the Apple Store may not be necessary.

Tim

snowboarder8985

iPF Noob
Reaction score
glaze77 said:
Hi thanks for the reply I am in London, the guy I got it from said it was sim free but he will not reply to my calls or texs so I think it might be locked but I have tried the the three network & vodafone, I am going to go to the apple store on sat but as the iPad has been jail broke should I take it off before I go & if so I do I remove Cydia.thanks for reading Martin

Search 'saving shsh blobs' on the forums. Do that, then upgrade to 4.3.5 before you bring it in. Should remove Cydia when you do that.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
glaze77

glaze77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
snowboarder8985 said:
Search 'saving shsh blobs' on the forums. Do that, then upgrade to 4.3.5 before you bring it in. Should remove Cydia when you do that.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Hi thanks for the reply I have just tried a search & no results what am I doing wrong our can you let me know about this shah blobs. Thanks for reading all the best Martin

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
glaze77

glaze77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
It's SHSH, not shah, but no worries. Head over to our hacking section and look at our sticky threads - iPad Hacking - Apple iPad Forum

There is a FAQ here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24323-shsh-blobs-frequently-asked-questions.html

But you should probably head to this tutorial. Follow it exactly and you will have all the SHSH blobs to which you are entitled saved for your device - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreaking-hacking-tutorials-how-guides/42301-how-save-your-shsh-blobs-tinyumbrella.html

Hi thanks will have a look now.
Martin

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts