What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad Wallpaper Color

charlyee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, I believe that on the SAMOLED screens, darker colors consume less battery with black having the least effect on the battery.

Is their any such thing on the iPad, does the color of the screen/wallpaper have any effect on the battery that anyone has noticed?

Thanks much. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
Is it worth the worry about what shades your wallpapers make on battery usage? If it does, and with that logic it probably does, the general overall drain will be negligible compared to other more 'massive' general drains the iPad contends with.

OP
C

charlyee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Well ~ this is the first.
Lol, it is just a question out of curiosity and not with any intent to save battery. The iPad battery is great and more than enough for my usage.

It is a rather well known fact that the super AMOLED screens use the least power to display the darker colors and almost nothing to display black, so the engineer in me wanted to know if there was any such thing for the iPad's screen color.

Reaction score
Well ~ this is the first.

Actually a started a thread asking the same thing when I first got mine.
I was actually asking if since the screen is not amoled if brighter colors helped with battery life. amoled uses less battery for darker colors since it uses power to produce color and the lighter the more it uses whereas lcd uses more power to produce darker colors by the way it produces them.
What I was told in the thread was that neither darker nor lighter wallpaper and app themes (kindle, keeper as examples) make a negligible difference on the Ipad. This is not the case on my phone. Darker makes a very negligible difference. I use darker themes on as many apps as possible because of the amoled screen.
Since I was new to the Ipad I was looking to head off any battery wasting I could do . I have since found the only thing that makes a negligible difference on the screen battery usage is screen brightness.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have since found the only thing that makes a negligible difference on the screen battery usage is screen brightness.

Support Our Troops!!

I use the brightest setting too!

Thanks, guys! Learn something new every day with regards to the colors and wallpaper.:eek:

OP
C

charlyee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
Since I was new to the Ipad I was looking to head off any battery wasting I could do . I have since found the only thing that makes a negligible difference on the screen battery usage is screen brightness.

Support Our Troops!!
Thanks, that is useful information and good to know.

Most reactions

Latest posts