What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad vs. Xoom

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple is a marketing machine always have been. They do not need to test the Market by offering pre-ordering this time as they have the stock and know the market not only to ship USA but also to other countries not too long after.

fva432010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Dinc and the only thing I like iPad over my phone is the screen size. Using the iPad is very restrictive. For example, you down load an app and it can't be seen by the other apps (with some exeptions). The app store has a very poor interface, and you will have to pay for apps that for android are free. The onscreen keyboard is a pain, and it always correct what you don't want. Nothing like swiftkey or swype.
Don't understand me bad. The iPad is a great tablet, the problem is the philosophy behind it.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I suggest you the read user manual regard iTunes and spell checker. As I am on my mobile I don't have time to provide the link.

Actually Apple got it right the rest of the world is trying to figure out what they have done wrong As for free apps there is no free lunch you will find you will get crashes and less updates. If you don't like a Lot of what apple provides then buy an alternative simple as that then you can complain about the problems that they have

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jhood2323 said:
Thats the mainly reason i am getting one right there. Imovies could pretty make you a director of short films.once you get the hang of it..

I doubt so. There is media and graphical design software which is powerful and easy to use, but having and using them does not automatically make one an auteur of design, graphics or film.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams........"

Good one. People need to be on a more positive light. Of course the tools wont make you, but its how u use the tools n how u master them is what makes the difference. ;-)

Reaction score
tzimisce said:
I doubt so. There is media and graphical design software which is powerful and easy to use, but having and using them does not automatically make one an auteur of design, graphics or film.

On the other hand many people will try out these tools, who otherwise wouldn't have touched the Pc/mac counterparts and thus gain practice.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find it interesting to read this morning an analysis of information from digitimes. The writer said that iPad owned the tablet market with the iPad 2 coming out. According to reports several netbook manufacturers have pulled their tablet plans because of the iPad 2. The common remark was they could not compete with the iPad on cost and quality. As an example, the Galaxy Tab is only selling 3 out of every 5 manufactured. They have a 15% return rate, and they are having to offer deep discounts to vendors. It is being reported that the translation confusion over what the executive said, is not true. Out of a sense of fustration, he did say sales were "slow", and they tried to cover it up by claiming he said "smooth".

Finally, Adobe is working on the beta of a program called Wallaby. The purpose of Wallaby is to allow web designers to automatically convert Flash content to HTML5 format for web browser. Right now, it is only for browser that are based on Webkit, which right now is........Safari and Chrome.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jhood2323 said:
Get your flame suit on lol

To hell with that...I'm putting on a PROXIMITY fire suit...the same one the airport firefighters wear.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the other hand many people will try out these tools, who otherwise wouldn't have touched the Pc/mac counterparts and thus gain practice.

Of course, good software and tools do help designers and artists enormously. But... let's not belabour under the misapprehension (notwithstanding how cool the ads are) that a piece of software will magically transform amateurs into auteurs. Certainly, one can always dream.

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow that dude kind of did kill my dreams of being the next james cameron lol. But seriously i meant for doing youtube reviews and music videos. Not making avatar 2 lol and that guy is right, I would have never jumped into film or music again had it not been for apps like imovie,garageband, korg s,and some others.

Last edited:

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In less than year Android has over four dozen malware apps removed from the Market, and over a quarter of a million devices infected... Just sayin'

Not really sure why an app needs to see another app. I transfer data between apps all the time.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not really sure why an app needs to see another app. I transfer data between apps all the time.

I do wish there were easier ways to do this.

I'd really like a more PC/Mac like system of having a regular file system and apps with open and save as menu options personally.

Most reactions

Latest posts