What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad vs. MacBook air

chrisallen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I realize that i didn't have enough knowledge before having this forum, while reading the contents and replies i found fair enough knowledge for my gadget. I would love to log in again on this forum.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, my input on a few things. USB was developed by Ajay Bhatt, an engineer working for Intel, not MS or IBM. I do not think Intel would have sold their rights to something like that. While limited USB usage can be had with the connector kit, there is a lot of difference from what the 30-pin can do, vs a USB connector. The original iPods had Firewire connectors, the original shuffle used USB. The inability to do eveything with one existing connector, caused Apple to design the 30-pin. The slim design of the Nanos was also a factor in the design of the 30-pin.

As for Lion, my understanding is that it gives an iOS look and some of the practices used with iOS so that it is more attractive to those familiar with the iPhone/iPad. I have not heard of any support for touch screens, nor anything about a touchpad computer. I do know that using a touch screen on a regular computer is not very practical. Every attempt that I have seen, has not been able to do either well.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To circle back to the original questsion

No, it is no replacement for a computer that can actually run software. Two different devices, two different purposes.

dellinqwartz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The MacBook Air boasts a full-size physical keyboard with 78 keys, 12 function keys and four directional arrows. The iPad relies on a blow awning keyboard, although it can be paired with a portable keyboard.I think it is best for you.

rrawb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have took the leap into making my MBA my main computer. I view it as the "get down to business" machine while my iPad is the casually productive machine. But the iPad isn't only for productivity with me. I do a lot of reading and seldom gaming as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts