What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad as tablet with Macbook Air

Flossie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad3 and a Macbook Air. I love the drawing app I have on the iPad but I would like to do more. Is it possible to use the iPad like a tablet and connect to the Macbook to use it? I don't mean just to synch stuff I've drawn on the iPad, I mean to actually use it connected to the Mac and use more advanced drawing software on the Mac? I am thinking not, but just wanted to check before I invest in a tablet!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can probably remote control the mac with the iPad, but that is just displaying what's on your mac on your iPad. Other than that, I can't think of any other way to use them as you might be thinking. I would ask if you have fully identified what can be done on an iPad alone, however. What "more" is it that you are after on the iPad that you can do on the Mac? The OS can do a lot more on the mac, vs iOS on the iPad, but some of the apps on the iPad can be quite powerful, if you have the right ones.

Your posts says you have an iPad3 and an Air, so what do you mean by "before I invest in a tablet!"?

OP
F

Flossie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks

You are right. I so don't need a tablet on top of what I have. I posted when I had only just got the iPad and didn't realise how fantastic it is and what apps you can get. I was thinking of how I might want to create artwork but didn't know how I could create larger pieces on the iPad but I've sussed it all now. Thanks anyway :)

iphoneblaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have also an iPad with macbook, I would like to work both of them .
Microsoft surface just made the macbook air and the iPad
Microsoft has guts. It's what you get when you're the underdog; either that or you curl into a RIM and die. Microsoft is the underdog because no matter how many hundreds of millions of people use its software, the cool and future belong apple Or belonged. After yesterdays surface event—assuming they don't fumble the execution—Gates' children may have found the weapon to stop the heirs of Jobs and turn the tide. Or at least make things exciting for everyone again.

That weapon is Microsoft Surface. And it is beautiful. Beautiful and functional and simple and honest. Surface just bumped the MacBook Air and the iPad to the back seat, and it did so by hewing tightly to everything that according to the Ten Principles of his Jedi design master, Dieter Rams:

Surface.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts