What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Video Thumbnails

billb1950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have a lot of self-made and downloaded videos in iTunes. The thumbnails for each video is always the first picture frame of the video. These are all correct. However, when I sync my videos to the iPad, I get all kinds of erroneous thumbnail pictures, including album art from music albums and other assorted garbage. I deleted all these videos from the iPad, and even tried to sync them one at a time to see if the thumbnails were correct. That didn't help either.

Has anyone else had this problem? And any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,
Bill

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
It isn't a problem, that is just how it is.

when I convert my DVDs to the iPad format, I get the cover art from Amazon and then go into iTunes, Movies, and right click on the movie and "Get Info". The last tab will allow you to assign a custom image for the cover art.

Now, if you buy the movie from iTunes, it will have all the cover art and video information already there. Custom ones, you have to do on your own.

OP
B

billb1950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Brad,

Thanks for the info. I did as you suggested and assigned a custom image for the cover art from within iTunes. I did this on only six videos and synced them out to the iPad. I am still getting random album covers from non-related MUSIC albums, even though the VIDEO cover art is correct in iTunes. (the really strange thing is that after I realized all this cover art was wrong on the iPad, I deleted the videos from the iPad, then added them again, and got totally different images the second time around)

So it appears that there is something else wrong. Everything looks right in iTunes, but wrong on the iPad.

Still need some help!

Thank you,
Bill

aclindner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brad -

Did you ever find a resolution to the cover art issue? I have the exact same issue and I have been trying to find a resolution, but can't find anything online. Thanks!

gioannipappone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brad -

Did you ever find a resolution to the cover art issue? I have the exact same issue and I have been trying to find a resolution, but can't find anything online. Thanks!

Yes. Found a solution (at least for me!)!
1) Turn on home sharing in iTunes
2) Open settings in iPad.
3) Click on "Video". Delete some letters in the AppleId field (doesn't matter which). Click on "Return" and then "Ready" on the iPad's keyboard.
4) A message like "Cannot turn on Home Sharing" displays. Click "Ok"
5) In the same field like in 4) step, type the correct AppleId of Home Sharing. Click on "Return" and then "Ready" on the iPad's keyboard.
6) Exit Settings. On the iPad open app Video.
7) Click on the open Itunes Library. Select the "Moie" tab. The thumbnails now displays correctly!

Goof
Luck

OP
B

billb1950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Geez, I posted this question a long time ago, and was surprised to get a hit after all this time. The problem with mixed up thumbnails disappeared when I upgraded to IOS5. But thanks for your help!

Bill

Most reactions