What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My digital camera videos will not sync to iPad

coralpink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I a'm new to this forum, could not find a place to add a NEW thread, so don't know if I am in right place for this question.

I have synced my photos from my digital camera, but the videos have not appeared as videos, just a blank thumbnail with a video icon.

How do I do this please any one ? So that I can play them on iPad.

Thanks

Coral pink

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Coral Pink:

Unfortunately, I cannot help with your problem.

What I can/did do is move your question to the help section so as to get some eyes on it. I'm sure someone will be along who will be able to help.

As far as making new threads, on the web site, there is a purple button at the top of each forum titled "New Thread." Clicking on that will start a new window so you can create a new thread. If you are in the app, look for the curvy arrow at the top right. If you are in a main forum, pressing on that arrow will give you an option to start a new thread.

Good luck - both with your problem and with the new thread start issue.

Oh, and where are my manners! Welcome to the forum! :D

Marilyn

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Movies must be 720p- 1080p will not play on the iPad. Check your camera setting.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I a'm new to this forum, could not find a place to add a NEW thread, so don't know if I am in right place for this question.

I have synced my photos from my digital camera, but the videos have not appeared as videos, just a blank thumbnail with a video icon.

How do I do this please any one ? So that I can play them on iPad.

Thanks

Coral pink
Go ahead and post some additional information including what type of videos you're making, what program you're importing them to (iPhoto, etc.) and if you're using a Mac or PC.

Importing movies is a two-step process but it varies a little depending on those details. The good news is that once you've sorted it out movies on the iPad work brilliantly. :)

OP
C

coralpink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks,
I am not sure how to find out what type they are - my Camera is a Samsung L313/13.6 MP Dual Image/28mm. That takes videos. I then can either transfer them onto my Fujitsu laptop running windows 2007. Or directly from my camera to the ipad (I just attach the camera accessory to the Ipad and connect the camera). But the videos just come up as a blank video thumbnail.

Where can I find out the information on how to do this, I have the manual printed up, but cannot find it in there. I am a bit short on technical knowledge (which you may have gathered :eek:) but really did'nt expect it to be complicated to transfer home videos to watch on my Ipad.

Grateful for any instructions.

Coralpink:D

Most reactions

Latest posts