What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Video Playback - XVID DIVX AVI support etc

u01jsw6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys! This is my first ever post. I have been reading these forums for a long time but never had anything useful to say - until now! I came across a blog How to Watch AVI Video and more on the iPad which reviews different video playback methods for watching media on iPad and had to share it with you.

I have tried out the cinex app and it is fantastic. Was just curious to know if anyone else knows of any other tips or tricks in playing back Video files on the iPad. Cheers :D

lumberjak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use Oplayer, less issues with avi's than CineXplayer.

For best copying pasting and adding to iPad from a computer, jailbreak your iPad and download iFile then use the camera connection kit to transfer files/movies etc off a memory card into any folder on the iPad.

So much easier than iTunes and/or wifi syncing through apps.

jackiemac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.WoowooMac.com
If you have a Mac you can use an application called HandBrake to convert the video and use iTunes to sync it to the Videos app, or play it using apps like GoodReader, Air Sharing HD and iDisk.

HandBrake makes it really easy. Here's a link to an article about how to convert DVDs using Handbrake, but its basically the same process with video files: HandBrake - Bring Movies on Your DVDs to iPhone

I hope this helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts