What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Video Input?

PFinnegan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All-

I am putting an iPad in my car as the dash so I can have spotify, nav, yada, yada, yada. The one issue I have having is figuring out how I can retain some of the functions that my current system gives me. I have a 2012 Dodge Charger and I want to be able to adjust the climate and car ECU fuctions while still having the ipad in the dash. My thoughts are to have the ipad toggle between the ipad interface and the car's native inface(via video input to the iPad). Does anyone know if the iPad can be used as a monitor with touch screen capabilities?

I would love to develop an app that taps the ipad into the Car's ECU so I could customize the interface but I do not have the time nor experience for this haha.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there is no video input on the iPads 30 pin connector.

Check to see if your in car head unit has an associated app that may be able to provide access to the functions by the iPad. It's a long shot, but you never know.

OP
P

PFinnegan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about the lightning port? Or som sort of bluetooth devices?

I am using the factory radio and screen, not an aftermarket double din.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
PFinnegan said:
What about the lightning port? Or som sort of bluetooth devices?

I am using the factory radio and screen, not an aftermarket double din.

Lightning port, no dice. Bluetooth would have to have an appropriate app to make it happen.

Most reactions

Latest posts