What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad video input

ndasgruv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello to everyone, I'm kind of an iPad newbee, so please bear with me.

I'm looking for a way to take a "hard line" video input and display that in the iPad. Also, having the ability to record and playback that footage for future reference.

BTW, I know I can do it with my MacBook. I'm just hoping there is a way to do it with the iPad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks!!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apple iPod, iPhone (2g, 3g), iPad Dock connector pinout and wiring @ pinouts.ru

As you can see from this pinout, there is no hardware support for video in. You would have to use something like a Video to USB or Firewire converter and then an app to interpret it.

That's just hardware. I doubt you'll find anything in the iOS programing tools that will directly support video in. There certainly aren't any apps that will allow you to turn the iPad in to a video recorder. At least not that I'm aware of.

You can use another camera or device to recored the video and then import it into the iPad. Or you can use it to play streaming video over the Wifi connection, but not record it.

That's about it for now, unless the jailbreak community has a solution.

OP
N

ndasgruv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the great info! After looking at the pin configuration it makes a lot more sense to me now.

Thanks again.

spage9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello to everyone, I'm kind of an iPad newbee, so please bear with me.

I'm looking for a way to take a "hard line" video input and display that in the iPad. Also, having the ability to record and playback that footage for future reference.

BTW, I know I can do it with my MacBook. I'm just hoping there is a way to do it with the iPad.

Hi, not an iPad question but I'm trying to learn how to do this with my macbook . . . any help?

Most reactions

Latest posts