What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Touch Screen Settings...

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey I'm a lil disappointed that there is no touch screen settings, I would like to be able to adjust settings from sensitive and not so sensitive...

Why no settings? I have an iaudio mp3 player that is 2 yrs old and it has touch screen settings?

This is iPad made from apple that is known for intuitive design and such, they should have settings for this..

Does anybody know if there is maybe an app that allows me to adjust touch screen settings?

Anyway not really that big of a deal but if anyone knows anything let me know, thx.

vsstanton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Love the settings just the way that they are...don't know what i would adjust...no adjustments on my droid....

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are there any cases whereby the touchscreen calibrations goes haywire ?
If there is a chance that the touchscreen's calibration is off, it would be good to have a setting for you to calibrate the thing back.

I know for windows mobile phone which uses a stylus, there is a calibration feature.

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Either you touch or don't touch,,, that is your setting :confused::confused: if you think you are touching to hard then practice touching more lightly. If you think you are touching to lightly then practice touching more heavy. If you are still feeling confused then touch yourself to make sure you are still awake and alive :p

Last edited:

keroro1979

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are there any cases whereby the touchscreen calibrations goes haywire ?
If there is a chance that the touchscreen's calibration is off, it would be good to have a setting for you to calibrate the thing back.

I know for windows mobile phone which uses a stylus, there is a calibration feature.

Not sure about this, but is it different with capacative touch screens and the other pressure sensitive ones? I know the DS also has a calibration option, thats a pressure sensitive touch screen, as does my crappy huawei phone.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In most cases where people have access to calibrations, such as with television sets, they wind up just making things worse. I would imagine that if it can be calibrated, they want you to go to an Apple technician to make sure it is done right.

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't feel the need to adjust anything, it's pretty perfect the way it is.

I prefer to have "perfect" and "not adjustable" than the other way around.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What would be the point of it being "less sensitive"? Would you want to be able to touch it and the iPad not recognize it?

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I think it's weird sometimes I touch ever so light and it works, other times I tap hard and it doesn't..I'm sure others have experienced this.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I think it's weird sometimes I touch ever so light and it works, other times I tap hard and it doesn't..I'm sure others have experienced this.

Yes, I have,but I started to stroke it lightly and I have no trouble,where tapping it I do.

al.:D

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score

So, are there times when you want to be able to touch it and have it not respond? When you touch and it doesnt respond, its just lag. There are a few apps where I experience this. Its not a feature of the screen sensitivity, its a matter of the CPU or GPU getting behind and not ready to accept your input. Usually when you experience this, you can wait a few seconds and do it again, and it will work fine. Hopefully, multitasking does make this worse in future updates.

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remember the selection on the screen only happens when you lift your finger so tapping hard or light dos not effect it. Instead the amount of space you are touching, where your touching and when you let go.

Yeah setting would just complicate things.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
also, keep in mind that touching with you fingernail doesnt work. I have a habit of using my nails (even though they are very short) instead of the meaty pad of my finger. The Ipad's screen wont recognize a fingernail.

Most reactions

Latest posts