What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad touch and swipe mirrored

palmtreeisme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad got a little water damage but seemed to be working just fine. The screen displays correctly and everything is normal. The swipe and touch settings are messed up though. For example is says i have to slide right to open, but for it to register I have to slide left and the keyboard displays normally but hitting what appears to be a 'D' produces a 'K". Any fixes or is my iPad down for the count.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's likely that the problems are the result of the water damage. Water inside the iPad can cause corrosion that can get worse over time. I'd get it checked out to see exactly what's wrong and how much a repair job would cost.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My iPad got a little water damage but seemed to be working just fine. The screen displays correctly and everything is normal. The swipe and touch settings are messed up though............ Any fixes or is my iPad down for the count.

Afraid that I'd completely agree w/ Scifan.., i.e. your iPad has likely suffered permanent damage which may worsen over time - your might want to provide us w/ the device's model and further details on the occurrence ('a little water damage' is rather vague).

Now if you are interested in others' experiences, goto this iFixit Link - I searched there on 'iPad water' which brought up plenty of discussions - you likely would have to disassemble the device and replace some parts, but if not handy or experienced w/ this process, then 'professional' help is suggested. Dave :)

Most reactions