What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad totally empty

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all needed my girlfriends iPad today but it was totally empty, no problem l thought. Connect to the cable, the normal sign came up. And the screen went black.
I checked if it was charging and a message was there saying Support.Apple.com/lpad/restore
The screen keeps switching off. I have not carried out this at the moment. Must admit I thought it had something to do with the switch off time but I have just checked it is set for 2 minutes.
TIA

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Someone must help it has charged to 50 percent however instead of being green it’s orange, really strange. Hopefully l get enough time to get to the support.com thing

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the charger does not have enough power to both run the iPad and charge the battery, the iPad may not start untill sufficient charge has been accumulated.

The support warning in this case may be for a batter that's starting to fail, which may also account for the behavior.

Leaving an iPad (or any battery) completely drained will damage the battery. Most device, including the iPad, will shut down before the battery is in danger of damaging itself. However, if you leave it uncharged long enough the battery will trickle drain until it is completely empty.

Most reactions

Latest posts