What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad to WD mybook live

silvermicro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, I can see there are loads of NAS to iPad apps... But I need an iPad to NAS app.
Anyone got any information about how to do this?

I need to open a .docx, edit it, then save it back to the NAS (mybook live)

Looking forward to any responses :)

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Should, be doable, it just depends on the apps you use in the process. For example, what app are you using to edit the docx file? The issue will be here, because it is relatively easy to get the file into the app, but the app needs to have options for exporting the file at least out of the app to either cloud storage or to another app like Goodreader, which can then push the file back to the NAS for you.

OP
silvermicro

silvermicro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks.

I'm using docs2go. I can't see an option to save it to my NAS, only Dropbox, local, google docs.... I think.

I'll try goodreader and see if that can do what I'm after. Thanks for the tip :)

OP
silvermicro

silvermicro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK. I didn't really know about the wd2go/Dropbox hook-up.

So open .docx in my Documents2go from WD2go, edit it, save it in Dropbox, open Dropbox account in WD2go, move file to WD2go (server), delete file from Dropbox. Job done! all from iPad :)

Most reactions

Latest posts