What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad to iPad mirroring

addocap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!

I am currently setting up my POS and credit card systems for a business - problem is that I need a customer facing display of some sort and my POS does not support such thing.

I am hoping that you all might provide some advice on how to mirror my ipad screen? I am using an iPad-based POS system and I would like to mirror either part or the entire screen on the employee screen for the customers to see.

Is there an app that supports iPad to iPad mirroring, where I have a reverse facing iPad display from my original device?

Thanks.

Addison Jaynes

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Up until last November there was an app called Slingshot that did exactly what you say you need. Unfortunately, the developers pulled the app from the App Store and shut down the service.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Besides AirPlay you can mirror an iPad screen using a Lightning to HDMI adaptor (or VGA if your equipment is old). This is probably what Apple is using, along with a video source switcher so thaty can cut between the demos, videos, and Keynote presentation on the big screen. Chances the last two are running on a Mac rather than an iOS device.

The streaming video goes through some more switching/processing, so that they can add shots of the speaker. Something that's not needed locally.

Anyway, those are your options, and probably the ones Apple is using. At least I can't remember seeing anything that can't be explained by those features. However, they do have the ability to tweak the hardware and software anyway they like, so it's not impossible that they are cheating and using propriatary hardware/software

If you are looking for a second display that will show something other than what the iPad's main screen shows, you are out of luck. Well, with the expeption of apps that will let you do this. For instance, Keynote can show you controls and presenter notes on the iPad while only showing the slides on the second display. Other video and presentaton apps may have similar features.

Most reactions

Latest posts