What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad target audience

Livewires

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone Im just here to see the what you all feel about the ipad. Im almost 18 well in a few weeks so my parents as I passed my course decided to get me something speacial, and as it it expensive make sure I actually wanted an Ipad. No doubt the ipad is amazing they look very good. The only problem is I had an ipod touch and after a couple months I got bored of the apps, I now have an android not bashing but its the phone and text parts why I kept it over ipod touch not the apps. The thing is do any of you feel in a month that the apps on the ipad will keep you attached and worth the price. I just dont see me using the book app I dont read that often and as for comuting I dont apart from a journey every other few months. Am I just not the target audience or do you think their is something for me.

Sorry for the long winded post and thanks for any replies

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it's worth it but I travel and watch a lot of videos. I play some games, and I keep it next to me while watching a movie to look up stuff on IMDb and iWiki. so it just depends on you. My guess is that if you have to ask, it might not be for you.

OP
L

Livewires

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yer Its really gutting as I really want it to be for me its amazing kit but i want to be money conscious and sensable and if im not gone to use it or it.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well if you get bored with all of the apps, and you dont plan on reading on it...do you plan on using it or taking it with you to surf the internet or watch movies? If you answer no to those questions, my guess is you made the decision for yourself "no"

OP
L

Livewires

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yer I wouldnt use it enought to justify the price. I guess its not for me well not at the moment, thanks for some clarification maby ill get one another time.

Wetstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
L-W: Given your age - I'd wait to see where the market moves. The iPad is really for early adopters ..and then for them to make the market move. Steve Jobs can make a fancy new hammer but it's up to us-folks to see if it is a real tool or a Pet Rock.

I had dreams of it replacing a desk or laptop at home for internet useage .. then something you could chuck in a case and carry/use anywhere free of a wire connection to DSL or Cable. Cold water reality came via a poor 3G signal at home. My wife then said; 'No thanks .. Who needs that if it will not work in the house?!" I keep my in my truck.

.. I must also say, how refreshing it is to hear you considering your parents. In this country we seem to share the 'Little Emperor' syndrome with China. Children seem to feel as if the simple fact of their birth entitles them to the family's resources at their whim. Cheers - good luck to you.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you do not have a good computer, that would be my first consideration. A good laptop can be found in the same ballpark, and would be more multi-functional. Just not the same cool factor and portablity.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And to be honest, I wouldn't buy an iPad just for the "cool factor".

Most reactions