What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Target's 5% card didn't work on iPad

royphotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my ipad 2 from Target a little over a month ago and they asked if I wanted to sign up for their Target debit card, 5% off all purchases and it's just like a debit card, comes out of my checking account, so I did. At the time of sign up they said there was something wrong. I had just moved and given them my new home address so I thought that may be it. I didn't get the 5% discount on the iPad.
I got the card in the mail about two weeks later with not other questions. Last night we got my wife a white ipad at target and I tried to use the card. No go, they called the service number there in the store and after about 5 minutes they told me that the purchase amount was to high, that I would need to make a few $100 purchases with the card before they would allow this amount. What gives, this is not a credit card, it come right out of the checking account. I'm thinking that they don't want to give the discount on the iPad since it so hot and they can easily sell them without it. By the way, I went ahead and got it with my bank debit card. Any one else have experience with this at Target.
We now have his and hers iPads... mine is black, heres is white.

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What? did you read the terms and conditions? Did it say anything about high dollar items? If it were me, I would have bought the iPad elsewhere. Prices on apple products is rather consistent between all distributors, you could have gone down the street and given your business to someone else and spend the same money.

OP
R

royphotog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Terms and conditions

I went back and read them yesterday, there a little ambiguous but it leaves them room to do what they want. It says "for security and fraud prevention purposes, there are limits on the number of times you may use your card and/ or the total dollar amount of purchases that you may make with your card, you agree that the dollar amount limitation on your card may be less the the dollar amount of available funds in your deposit account" so it does give them lee way on this. I did think of just saying F it and going somewhere else but that would have just taken time that we didn't have, plus the fact that the iPad is hard to find.
I also thought about cutting up the card and sending it back to them. Here they have a card to encourage me to shop at target instead of some other store then they do this, which pisses me off.

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, I hear ya, I probably would have done the same. Well, needless to say you'll be shopping for all those accessories for your iPad's right? I know there are plenty of stores who would love your business, right? ;o)

Last edited:

Most reactions