What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad system deleted???

Andi994

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I was trying to increase the space allocated to install tweaks on the ipad. So I went to Ifile, copied the system folder, paste it in the var folder, delete the system folder. Then, I decided to not continue as it deleted the system folder. I clicked the home button, then went back to put the system folder where it belongs. I clicked Ifile and nothing was there, then it froze. I restarted it, when it finished loading, it showed an itunes icon and a usb port (recovery mode?). Is there anyway to undo it without restoring, or the only thing I can do is restore and jailbreak it again? P.S I never have, or never will, back up P.S.S if this is the wrong section of the forum, sorry I'm new.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome,

I've moved your post to the Hacking section where you will hopefully get the help that you need......good luck!

The Archangel

OP
A

Andi994

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really? Can't I use ifunbox or something to move the folder?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Really? Can't I use ifunbox or something to move the folder?

You can try to use iFunbox to see if you can get back to iFile and put that folder back where it belongs. Heck, it's worth a shot!

But, if you cant put the system files back where they were, then I am afraid you are facing a restore. You didn't say which version of iPad you have - so I hope you'll be able to restore an iOS that can be jail broken (versus having to go to iOS 6, which can't ... yet).

Good luck.

Marilyn

P.S. And a minor correction: The condition you describe your iPad as being in is not DFU mode. If it were DFU mode, there'd be nothing on the screen. What you describe sounds like what you see with a brand new, fresh-out-of-the- box iPad. Just so's you know...

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
You can try to use iFunbox to see if you can get back to iFile and put that folder back where it belongs. Heck, it's worth a shot!

But, if you cant put the system files back where they were, then I am afraid you are facing a restore. You didn't say which version of iPad you have - so I hope you'll be able to restore an iOS that can be jail broken (versus having to go to iOS 6, which can't ... yet).

Good luck.

Marilyn

P.S. And a minor correction: The condition you describe your iPad as being in is not DFU mode. If it were DFU mode, there'd be nothing on the screen. What you describe sounds like what you see with a brand new, fresh-out-of-the- box iPad. Just so's you know...

The OP may have accidentally wiped his iPad and returned it to factory condition. Would the iPad still be on the old iOS version, or could it be on the newest iOS version possible for his iPad?

Last edited:
OP
A

Andi994

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Ipad's os is 5.0.1. And one question, If I restore, is there any way to get the files back? (pictures, videos, etc.)

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Andi994 said:
The Ipad's os is 5.0.1. And one question, If I restore, is there any way to get the files back? (pictures, videos, etc.)

If your iPad is restored to factory condition and the files that were on it are not backed up on your PC or anywhere else, they will be permanently lost.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

No, you won't get your "stuff" back if you restore. With restoring, iTunes essentially wipes the iPad before putting on the iOS. And, since you don't have a back-up, you won't have anything left.

If it's still on iOS 5.1.1, and you have SHSH blobs for it (and the original iOS was not factory installed or updated over-the-air) - you should be able to re-restore it using this tutorial: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=92572

Marilyn

Most reactions