What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3, Wallpapers, Upgraded to iOS 6.0 from 5.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to get the iOS 5.1.1 default wallpapers back to my iPad 3. I've updated it to 6.0 and lost all the wallpapers I like. There are so few wallpapers on ios 6.0 it's quite sad.

Can somebody copy the native wallapeprs from 5.1.1 for the iPad 3's resolution ?

You can try this: "
  • Download and run i-FunBox for your computer operating system.
  • Plug your device into USB.
  • Open Raw File System under your device name on the left hand side.
  • Navigate to /var/stash/Library/Wallpaper/iPhone/ and copy all files to your computer
  • Then delete all files from that folder on your iPhone (/var/stash/Library/Wallpaper/iPhone/)
  • Copy the files from your computer back into that folder.
  • Respring
If use iFile :
To fix using iFile – moved all wallpapers from var/stash/Library/Wallpaper/iPhone to a new folder – respring – moved all wallpaper back to var/stash/Library/Wallpaper/iPhone – respring
You can also use SSH. "

OP
N

NickyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know I'm asking a lot, but can somebody please upload the default iOS 5.1.1 wallpapers for the New iPad. In iOS 6.0 Apple has decided to eliminate a few.

kellyrapidsoft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm presuming your iPhone is jailbroken, since (I believe?) that is the only way you can get additional wallpaper onto it. If that's the case, then I think you can ssh into the phone, find the folder the wallpapers are in, then copy them over to your Mac, if you downloaded them off the net then maybe re-download them? If you're not jailbroken then I don't think this is possible….

OP
N

NickyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm talking about somebody to access their new iPad if they still have iOS 5.1.1 on it . You don't need to be jailbroken to copy the wallpapers from the device via the described method.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but we can't allow this within the forum. Apple licenses those photos for use on each iPad generation. For a member to post those pictures in this forum would be for them to break copyright protection (and rules). We simply can't have this here.

Sorry, but this thread is closed.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts