What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad sync

rauschaxleman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Every time I attempt to sync my iPad2 with my pc (windows xp) via iTunes my pc freezes halfway through sync? I have updated iTunes on my pc to the latest version but it does not make any difference.
Any help would be appreciated.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is your version of XP a 64-bit version? There are problems running iTunes under 64-bit XP.

Is this a new problem?

Tim

OP
R

rauschaxleman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apologies for my lack of knowledge:(...I have opened up system information on my pc all i can see is windows xp home edition service pack 3, version 5.1.2600 ...system type x86-based pc?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is this the PC the iPad was originally initialised on when you first purchased it?

Tim

OP
R

rauschaxleman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes Tim this is the only pc, I purchased the ipad in june the first couple of sync's no problems all my songs etc transferred over without a problem, this problem started last month. When It gets to the stage displaying "backing up pauls iPad" my pc freezes?

OP
R

rauschaxleman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Managed to fix the problem by restoring my iPad to factory settings, then reloading my songs & apps back on, during this process it updated to iOS 5 I did lose a couple of paid apps but never less I'm a happy chappy :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rauschaxleman said:
Managed to fix the problem by restoring my iPad to factory settings, then reloading my songs & apps back on, during this process it updated to iOS 5 I did lose a couple of paid apps but never less I'm a happy chappy :)

You can get your paid apps back (without paying again) by going to the iPad iTunes app and then the purchased tab, find the missing apps (should have a cloud next to them) then redownloading from that screen.

The Archangel

Most reactions