What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Stuck in recovery loop (not jailbroken) need to access files

leeadamaa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I would like to ask if you could help me recover my iPad files I was on youtube and locked the device when I came back to the device it crashed to the recovery screen. I have tried everything to pop it out of a recovery loop It had iOS 6 on it and I wanted to know if there was any hope of recovering my files. Ide be willing to try anything (No backups, or iCloud backups have been made either). Idealy I would need something to either dump the system memory to my hard drive I dont believe the data to be deleted (I can get into DFU Mode) any help would be appreciated thank you

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I've moved your thread to our Hacking Section where the good folk there may be better equipped to assist you in what you are trying to do.

Good luck with your issue!

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I would like to ask if you could help me recover my iPad files I was on youtube and locked the device when I came back to the device it crashed to the recovery screen. I have tried everything to pop it out of a recovery loop It had iOS 6 on it and I wanted to know if there was any hope of recovering my files. Ide be willing to try anything (No backups, or iCloud backups have been made either). Idealy I would need something to either dump the system memory to my hard drive I dont believe the data to be deleted (I can get into DFU Mode) any help would be appreciated thank you

Unfortunately it's not possible on the iPad 2 and above, regardless of whether the device is jailbroken or not, as you don't have a bootrom exploit to bypass checks and access the raw data image on your device. There are utilities that claim that they can recover the data from your device as long as you're in DFU mode, but they're mostly shams or work partially for contacts only. Never tried them, and probably never will. If you can't do it manually on a jailbroken device, I don't see how a utility can do it without a jailbreak.

Also note that most of these utilities are using the iPad 1 and the iPhone 4 and below, and they will work because of LimeRa1n. This does not hold for A5+ devices (4 and above, and the iPad 2 and above)

swiftalexander1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The following steps are from Apple Support:
1.Turn off your device. If you can't turn it off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time and wait a few seconds for it to turn off.
2.Plug the device's USB cable into your computer only.
3.Hold down the device's Home button as you connect the USB cable to it.
4.When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 one more time.
5.Use iTunes to restore your device.

Additional Information:
If you started your device in recovery mode by mistake, restart it to exit recovery mode. Or you can just wait—after 15 minutes the device will exit recovery mode by itself.

Most reactions

Latest posts