What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recovery Loop - need help

jordan12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I've got my Ipad stuck in a recovery loop every time i reboot or shut down, although it's on 4.3.3, which is supposed to be untethered. I used redsn0w and downgraded from 4.3.4, since I wanted an untethered jailbreak.

However, now I am able to use the system just fine (even downloaded some apps from Cydia), but the issue with having to plug it to a computer and use the "just boot tethered right now" option in redsn0w every time following a reboot is quite annoying.

TinyUbrella's "Exit Recovery" button is greyed out and can't be used. Also, the "Fix Recovery" option doesn't produce a result although it's available.

I went through a lot to be at this stage and would be happy to describe it. However, if you've got any suggestions at this point this would be greatly appreciated. :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since you talked about using redsn0w, I can assume you've got an iPad1? And that you've saved the SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3?

If so, I'd suggest using a clean version of iOS 4.3.3 (download link here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html), putting the iPad into DFU mode and restore to that [clean] version (sticky here: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/27489-dfu-mode-dummies.html) and then re-jailbreak using JailbreakMe 3.0, which is an untethered jailbreak.

Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same issue last week.
I did the upgrade on a windows system and my iPad went into the loop.
Luckily, there was an Apple Store nearby and with a Mac they managed to restore it in next to no time.
They told me that this happens on Windows systems with certain virus-scanners and advised me todisable the virus scanner while updating the iPad.

So, if your computer runs unde Windows, disable the virus scanner and then try again.

OP
J

jordan12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks for the quick replies!

Using iFaith I got the SHSH blobs from the currently unusable iPad 1 with 4.3.3 on it. Then I created a *signed* .ipsw using the .ipsw Mickey330 pointed to combined with my newly acquired blobs.

Everything seemed fine and the device was restoring fine until an error 37 popped up. Then I tried again, disabling all anti-virus software and firewalls as Markk pointed out but this time the restoration process went much faster eventually terminating with an "error 1600". Even after a restart there was no change.

Even if I try with the completely clean freshly downloaded 4.3.3 .ipsw (without compiling it with any blobs) I still get error 3194.

I'm completely stuck and have no idea what to do :(

*I'm running Windows 7; iPad 1 3g 32Gb and atm I am stuck with error 1600 in iTunes*

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What are you using to create that "signed" IPSW file? Snowbreeze? I ask that because that's the only thing that comes up when I Google that error code (on this forum). If you are, let me quote f4780y here:

Error 1600 indicates you are possibly not using the sn0wbreeze tool to put your iPad into pwnd DFU mode before you install the custom firmware. You MUST use the iREB tool in sn0wbreeze. You can't just put the iPad into DFU mode yourself. Can you confirm that at the end, sn0wbreeze tells you it was successful and you should now restore in iTunes? Only if the tool tells you you are in pwnd DFU mode should you proceed.

The above came from this sticky: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...6303-tutorial-jailbreak-ipad1-sn0wbreeze.html

---- OR ---

Try this (post #5) from this thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/30389-cant-upgrade-jailbreaked-ipad.html

As you'll note, I'm not afraid to use f4780y's words. If it works, yeah?

So, did either help?

Marilyn

OP
J

jordan12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cheers, Marilyn!

Indeed, I used iFaith, as mentioned above, which is part of the sno0breeze package (by the same creator). Your comment pointed me in the right direction and now I've essentially eliminated 1600 and it does not appear anymore, because I prepare the iPad by putting it in pwned DFU mode.

However, ultimately, error 37 comes up invariably every time with every .ipsw (custom "signed" or original) and on every computer I tried it on (all on Win).

I understand it's related to software interference but I'm not able to get past this (one of computers I tried it on was a fresh installation of WinXP with firewall turned off and no anti-virus soft).

So, basically now I'm stuck in an error 37 loop in addition to the recovery loop :) At least fate's got a sense of irony

Last edited:
OP
J

jordan12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Btw, is there a way to convert iFaith's SHSH blobs to a format usable by Tiny Umbrella, so that I can install a clean 4.3.3.

*Now, the only 4.3.3 blobs I've got are from iFaith*

Most reactions