What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Storage

Davewm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My friend has an iPad which is showing Full Storage. I said it’s easy to see what is using up all the storage by going into General - Settings - iPad storage.

As you all know this should give me a list of apps which are using the storage up.

my question is:

The last but one item is just 209 kB but below that is an icon entitled “On My iPad” and the wheel is just continuously rotating? If I click on it it says there is 4 kB of documents and data. When I then click on Recommendations it just says “No items”.

Does anyone know if this is a problem with the iPad.

Also - my friend plays Wordscapes. If I delete Documents and Data will this lose all her current progress?

Thanks in advance.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the wheel is still going, then the iPad thinks it's got more apps and data to list. Anything actually listed is probably accurate. The total at the top may not be. Or it could just be a glitch. Eternal wheels of doomishness do happen.

I'm not sure what you mean by clicking Recommendations. But, I'm on iPadOS 15, and could just be not remembering that option on iPadOS 14. Not like I spend a lot of time in the Storage settings.

I don't know what will happen with the app Wordscapes if you delete the Documents and Data. It depends on what the developer put there. It could just be temporary files that will replace themselves as needed, or it could the progress data. The only way to find out is to either delete it and find out what happens, or contact the developer and ask. Each app is supposed to have a support site listed in their App Store page. Some sites actually have forum and/or other support info.

Or you could get lucky and someone else has already done this and knows the answer. I don't have the app.

Most reactions

Latest posts