What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad storage size via serial number

ipadtechnique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi all,

is there a way to determine the storage size of an iPad just by looking at the serial number without using online services like chipmunk and the like?

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hi all,

is there a way to determine the storage size of an iPad just by looking at the serial number without using online services like chipmunk and the like?
If you go to "settings" and select "general" then "about" you can scroll down and see the Ipad's capacity and what space is available

OP
I

ipadtechnique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the reply. i know how to do that. i want to know if there is a code/combination of alphanumeric characters in the serial number that tells you what the capacity is, like the code that tells you what week it was manufactured and which factory. The reason I ask this is, there are iPads that won't turn-on or boot at all, so i would like to know if there is something in the serial number that tells you what the capacity is. again, thanks!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This site seems to work: http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html

There are probably others; though the two other's I found did not work, or the information was less complete.

It's possible that the site does not work by decoding the serial number, but is based on serial number ranges. If that's so, it would explain why I can't find any serial number breakdown information; just lots of articles with links to the above site.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts