What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 serial number

sgds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, had a lot of trouble wit apple getting my original iPad fixed. This had been going on for the past 6 weeks! I got a replacement iPad back about three weeks ago but it was faulty and I returned it straight away to apple. To cut a long story short I was told that I would get a brand new iPad shipped to me today which would be an iPad 2 and it would have a new 12 month warranty.
This evening I got an email from apple confirming that my new iPad was shipped today. I looked up the serial number the gave me for the new iPad and it looks like it is an original iPad with warranty ending in mar'11.
Can anyone tell me how to find out if my serial number is of an iPad 1 or 2?
The serial number is very similar to number on my first replacement iPad.

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No point stressing about it until the iPad arrives. You won't be able to do anything until then any way, and then it will probably be obvious what, if any, mistake was made.

Which is to say, no I have no idea what the differnce in serial numbers is.

If when it arrives it has the serial number mentioned, and it does not have the warentee, or othe discrepancies from the promise; then you will have some ammo. Until then it's just unnecesary stress. Though I do understand your worry.

Bingoldsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We also hope that all your communications over this matter - and especially the "promise" that was made to you about receiving an iPad2 with full warrantee - was made by email, such that you have a written record of what statements were made by them. If it was a phone conversation, you may have little recourse. "He said, she said" and "your word against ours" sort of things, if you know what I mean.

Brian - Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
S

sgds

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to update, received my spankin new iPad 2 by courier on Friday morning. Love it!!

Most reactions

Latest posts