What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad Stolen

windycitycouple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Beg to disagree but when I call Apple Care they said they block stolen serial numbers.

They won't get it back for you, but they will lockdown a stolen product so it can't work with ITunes.

Not sure if the theif can still jailbreak and use it anyway though.

Apple will not do anything at all, they would have to set up a whole separate legal/tracking department just to deal with all the police and legal issues involved with recovery, just not gonna happen...The best thing you can do is report this to the police/airport police department and file a report with the info and serial numbers of the devices so if they are recovered as potential stolen you can recover them, Apple has the technology to track by serial numbers as they do with repairs and so forth, but the legal issues as to who stole what and proof of such far outweigh the return..That's why they instituted the mobile me app to help YOU in the recovery.

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also had same experience 10 yr ago. When I return from philippine to Singapore. And from that time on I never put valuable items in my check in bag. And I am very sure is philippine air port stolen.

Paul

OP
dale600rr

dale600rr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all. I called Apple Care and was told by the consultant that they could not blacklist the device and that the only way to track it would be with mobile me.

Thanks again for all the feedback.

Cheers
Dale

TTown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't help you with your stolen iPad. I am interested in hiring you though!

DarkLordEnron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A real pisser having your kit stolen. Sorry to the forum's US members but some of your airports are just terrible. Passing through Miami airport is just awful.

We know..:(
Ever since 9-11 it's been getting progressively worse..

paulyeo11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure is apple staff are aware of this case ? Can apple staff said some thing about this case , it is possible to stop the stolen iPad from operating ?

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The same thing happened to my son last Christmas with a GPS when he came from North Carolina. They'd let too many people on with too big of carryons and the people at the end of the line were forced to check their carryons. Someone broke the lock and stole the GPS, had to have been an airport worker. He filed a claim immediately and had to make several follow up calls but they did give him back the $240 for it.
It's worth a shot to file a claim. I don't trust ANYone anymore! Sad.

OP
dale600rr

dale600rr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure is apple staff are aware of this case ? Can apple staff said some thing about this case , it is possible to stop the stolen iPad from operating ?

I called Apple and they said there was nothing they could do. Unless someone can help me to talk somebody at apple that may be able to help?

Thanks!

OP
dale600rr

dale600rr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The same thing happened to my son last Christmas with a GPS when he came from North Carolina. They'd let too many people on with too big of carryons and the people at the end of the line were forced to check their carryons. Someone broke the lock and stole the GPS, had to have been an airport worker. He filed a claim immediately and had to make several follow up calls but they did give him back the $240 for it.
It's worth a shot to file a claim. I don't trust ANYone anymore! Sad.

Ye, I'm definitely filing a claim and claiming from my insurance policy that I took out for the trip. I'll be very happy to get the money back and as others have said - lesson learnt!

OP
dale600rr

dale600rr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't help you with your stolen iPad. I am interested in hiring you though!

Cool! Hiring me to do what?

He probably thought having employees that buy iPads for the boss, sounded like a good idea!

Oh, lol! Actually, my boss paid me in full for the IPad about a month ago. Now he says that I must not worry about the money and it's not my fault it was stolen. I'm way too ethical to accept that so even if I don't get paid out by insurance, I'm going to tell him that I was and give him the money back. Might break my bank account but that's life...

Most reactions

Latest posts