What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad standard email mystery problem

louisp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New problem. When I access email using the standard iPad app I get an error message saying my email address is incorrect (which it isn't).

So then I go to The Settings app and re-type in the email address. After the system verifies my entry the error message "Cannot Get Mail" "The user name or password for "apple.imap.mail.yahoo.com is incorrect".

My email address and password are both correct. The only odd thing I can think of is my email address is [email protected] which is a legacy address still valid for AT&T which uses their own form of yahoo mail.

Btw, since this problem occurred I brought over my true AT&T Email to our iPad.

Comments, suggestions, questions welcome!

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
So it's a Yahoo account, with an external address? Have you check on Yahoo website if you account still works?

In the past, I had a MSN account with my work email address. It worked for years, until Microsoft dropped that kind of account.

VicoPad addict!

OP
L

louisp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So it's a Yahoo account, with an external address? Have you check on Yahoo website if you account still works?

In the past, I had a MSN account with my work email address. It worked for years, until Microsoft dropped that kind of account.

VicoPad addict!

My AT&T Internet email works perfectly. In fact I added it to my iPad directly from my Internet mail page.

StarFlyr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The last few days I've had the same kind of trouble getting outgoing email via either hotmail or msn mail.

I just reset my iPad and for the moment, hotmail seems to now work again. However msn mail still refuses to go out.

Dr House, msn mail is still working FWIW. If you google it, you can still get a free msn email account.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
StarFlyr said:
Dr House, msn mail is still working FWIW. If you google it, you can still get a free msn email account.

what I meant was that I used my msn account using my email at work, not a hotmail account. So I could have a msn messenger linked to my work email ( like [email protected])

VicoPad addict!

valparle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi sorry to hijack this thread but I am brand new here and couldn't find any other thread relating to email! My problem is: when I go to my email button on my iPad, I see a list of new emails on the left showing me the first couple of lines in the mail. When I click on it to open the mail in a new screen I just see it's tome and from sender but NO main body in my email the whole page is blank!!! Please help me, this has only just started to happen up to now its been great. Thanks and sorry again! Valx

StarFlyr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi sorry to hijack this thread but I am brand new here and couldn't find any other thread relating to email! My problem is: when I go to my email button on my iPad, I see a list of new emails on the left showing me the first couple of lines in the mail. When I click on it to open the mail in a new screen I just see it's tome and from sender but NO main body in my email the whole page is blank!!! Please help me, this has only just started to happen up to now its been great. Thanks and sorry again! Valx

Have you tried a hard reset?

maggielovelock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
valparle said:

Did you get any other help for this ,got same problem for all email Gmail ,hotmail and shaw , can go online and access body but not thru iPad

sahaworth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Louisp

I have the same problem, always with one specific email acct. It will work for a while and then I get the error message when I have made no changes at all. Very, very frustrating. I just turn the iPad off for a while and it usually corrects itself, but it can't be right. I'd love to know what's going on and how to prevent it.

Tubas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My email is completely blank. I have tried restarting, double clicking home button and pressing down on email icon and no luck. But emails keep coming in,Please help

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My email is completely blank. I have tried restarting, double clicking home button and pressing down on email icon and no luck. But emails keep coming in,Please help
Force close the app:
Double tap the Home button to show the multitask bar, then slide the picture above the app icon towards the top of the screen.

Resetting it could help as well:
Press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, release both and let the iPad power up.

Most reactions

Latest posts