What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Security

rudeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:ipad-movie:
I read a comment on another site. What about user accounts. If I were to leave my iPad unattended someone like my wife or son could pick up my iPad and read my private emails.:mad:

I hope Apple adds user accounts or some sort of password protection. Any ideas?

Zane Barker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:ipad-movie:
If I were to leave my iPad unattended someone like my wife or son could pick up my iPad and read my private emails.

The iphone already has pass code perfection so I dont see why the iPad would not.

But I also do not think it is good to keep secrets from your wife.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can always add a password to the lock screen if that is a concern. I know I'm in the habit of locking my iPods screen basically any time I set it down. It won't stop the kids from getting at the mail client if you hand over so they can play games or watch a movie... which gets back to my wish of better parental App control.

Even without multi-users it would be nice to lock out single apps and allow for a password override to launch.

Most reactions