What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad screen won't rotate

wcernius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some weird reason my iPad 1 screen all of a sudden won't rotate the screen when I turn my iPad. Anyone have any ideas as to why this could be? I checked the settings and I don't have the screen lock orientation feature on. I've restarted my iPad 2x, ad that hasn't helped either. Any advice, ideas are welcome.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You sure? Double tap the home button and swipe to the left. Make sure screen rotation lock is off. Make sure the side switch is in the off position. You may need to manually change the screen orientation. Go into settings>accessibility>assistive touch. Tap the switch to turn it on. A white dot should show up in the bottom corner of the screen. Tap the dot, tap device. Make sure the screen rotation is off here. If it is off and the screen is still stuck, tap device. Then, select the orientation you would like to rotate the screen to. Hopefully this will work. Also, make sure your version of iOS is up to date. Plug it in to iTunes and check for updates. If all this doesn't work, you may have to restore from a backup. If all else fails, take it to the genius bar.

fanckush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It should look like this

image-2640856265.jpg

Most reactions