What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad screen turned to negative colours

rberkeley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've tried all I can but I think my Ipad is sick. Colors on all screens, apps etc have turned into what looks like a negative contrast.

Can anybody please please offer me some advise; or maybe commiserations.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

You haven't inadvertently turned White on Black on have you? Have a look in Settings - General - Accessibility - White on Black and see if it's turned on here. If that's not ON have a look lower to Triple Click Home and what has been set up here, there are a few different options. This is activated by triple pressing the home button and is easy to activate by mistake. Hope this helps, let us know.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Dancind

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You haven't inadvertently turned White on Black on have you? Have a look in Settings - General - Accessibility - White on Black and see if it's turned on here. If that's not ON have a look lower to Triple Click Home and what has been set up here, there are a few different options. This is activated by triple pressing the home button and is easy to activate by mistake. Hope this helps, let us know.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

Discussion Forum for iPad Users on the App Store on iTunes
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know! | Apple iPad Forum
iOS5 Tips and Tricks | Apple iPad Forum
Forum rules - everybody please read!! | Apple iPad Forum

Awesome help! Thank you so much. I signed up for this site because of u

Discussion Forum for iPad Users on the App Store on iTunes
TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know! | Apple iPad Forum
iOS5 Tips and Tricks | Apple iPad Forum
Forum rules - everybody please read!! | Apple iPad Forum

Dancind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am already so impressed! I wish I found your site years ago. I appreciate your encouragement to Go back to basics and look at the manual. Thank you

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
A quick warning. This thread is a couple of years old. Some of the links supplied are no longer valid; for instance the link to the forum app. That app no longer works. If you want an app for the forum Tapatalk works.

Welcome to the forum.

Lynne lukert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My screen shows a negative Image, went to settings and white and black is turned off. I don't have any idea what else to do to resolve the problem

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My screen shows a negative Image, went to settings and white and black is turned off. I don't have any idea what else to do to resolve the problem
Go to Settings>General>Accessibility and make sure that the Invert Colors switch is turned off. If that doesn't help, scroll down the page to the bottom and check Accessibility Shortcut to see if it's set to Invert Colors. If it is, a triple click of the home button will fix the Colors.
image.png
image.png

Most reactions

Latest posts