What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad screen resized

parallelypsyched

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a jailbroken iPad (v3.2.2) and recently installed Categories and Lockdown. I knew that Lockdown did not work for iPad but read somewhere that it may work.

Anyways, I am unsure which of the apps did this, but now the app icons have become smaller, the dock has shortened with only 4 icons. Some pre-installed icons like Google Maps have become white / blank.

Also, when none of the apps inside the Categories folders work. Is there anyway to fix this problem without a full restore? I have way too many apps to be doing a full restore. Also, I was using the Appbackup app but since I moved it into a folder, it does not work either.

Would appreciate any help.

RobertJP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This happens when an unsupported MobileSubstrate extension is loaded and can be fixed in a few ways. The easiest way is to use a program like iFunbox (Windows), PhoneView (Mac), PhoneDrive (Mac) or any SFTP program if you have OpenSSH installed and know your iPad's IP address to remove the offending dylib. Once you have one of these installed you have to go into the /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries/ directory on your iPad and find the .dylib file corresponding to the program causing the issue. In your case I'm guessing it would be Lockdown.dylib. Either rename or delete this file and respring/reboot your iPad and it should be back to normal.

Last edited:

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had that happen with an incompatible program but was able to go into Cydia>Packages and uninstall it that way. Can't you get into Cydia to do it?

OP
P

parallelypsyched

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I actually ended up doing a combination of both the suggestions. I used iFunbox and openssh on my ipad to delete lockdown.dylib. Infact I didn't have to note my iPad's IP address. iFunbox gave me direct access to my iPad files.

But after I restarted my iPad I could still see Lockdown Pro in my settings. So I just removed it through Cydia and rebooted my iPad and everything was working normally.

Thanks again. Hope this helps others.

gdave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I see you used iFunbox . I heard about it but i dont understand how to use it and what the benieits are?

Please explain.

Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts