What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad screen repair

earlboston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After two + years I finally cracked the screen. With two kids, I don't think that's bad. I was able to find someone to repair it for $100. He mentioned that a few places around the edges were dented including one right on the corner. He had to slightly bend these areas to get the new screen to fit. After a week of use, the screen is starting to pop up at that particular corner. (He warned me this could happen) It's still responsive and works quite well with the exception of "bouncing" at the corner in question. Does my repair guy know what he is talking about or should I take it to another place to fix? I will say he is a one man operation out of his house. Thoughts and ideas on how to fix this is appreciated.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Never had a no response

Hello - can't give you much of a response from 'personal' experience, but I'm assuming that your device had been dropped a number of times and not only cracked the screen but may have bent an edge or two - just guessing w/o being able to inspect the iPad. If the device is working, then the repair was done as expected, i.e. a non-cracked screen, but your 'repair guy' gave you an apparent honest assessment. If you cannot tolerate the defect (assuming the iPad is working), then you'll need to take it to an Apple Store or an authorized Apple service for their opinion - not sure what else to say? Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts