What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad Schematic Sheet.

k7lvo

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd venture a guess that it's not available. I'm curious, though - what do you need it for? It's not like you can open it up and start modifying... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
G

garpike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.appletechnical.com
I'd venture a guess that it's not available. I'm curious, though - what do you need it for? It's not like you can open it up and start modifying... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mainboard.JPG

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's not a schematic, if that's what you meant. Otherwise I'm not sure what you are getting at.

I doubt anyone but Apple's engineers have schematics for the iPad. Even repair shops will find that kind of detail of little use. These days it is cheaper to replace the board/component than take the time (equipment and training) to do onboard repairs. Like so many older tech skills, component level repair has become a hobby.

Sure, a picture s worth a thousand words, but not always the right words. :D

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet types much wisdom.

The USAF stopped training for component level general repair back in 1988 if memory serves. While I was grateful for the training I got in '86, I haven't used it for a business application since 1990.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
USAF 1982-1986. Digital Flight Simulator Technician.

I miss the magic of component electronics; though even then the writing was on the wall.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In college I had to memorize schematics galore for large aircraft. The worst was the DC-10 electrical schematic. Still gives me nightmares...........sorry off topic...

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
USAF 1982-1986. Digital Flight Simulator Technician.

I miss the magic of component electronics; though even then the writing was on the wall.

can't help with an iPad app, but as a small time designer/hobbyist on a PC i use 'circuit wizard' from Maplins. has circuit simulation on schematic as well as pcb auto placement and routing. also virtual test instruments

for what it costs, it is very powerful, allows experiments for designs if you need to quell an itch, without needing to be breadboard up a design

check it out :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
can't help with an iPad app, but as a small time designer/hobbyist on a PC i use 'circuit wizard' from Maplins. has circuit simulation on schematic as well as pcb auto placement and routing. also virtual test instruments

for what it costs, it is very powerful, allows experiments for designs if you need to quell an itch, without needing to be breadboard up a design

check it out :)

Ah, well, confession time. What I most miss is getting paid to troubleshoot and fix the stuff. I was good at it. I was never into design, beyond seeing what else I could make a toy/kit do. Usually a broken toy or circuit kit. I like fixing stuff. :)

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Ah, well, confession time. What I most miss is getting paid to troubleshoot and fix the stuff. I was good at it. I was never into design, beyond seeing what else I could make a toy/kit do. Usually a broken toy or circuit kit. I like fixing stuff. :)

perhaps fixing games consuls is a possible way for you to go then, either buy broken to repair and re-sell, or repair broken ones sent to you.

in my case, as an electronics engineer i always think i can do whatever better than what has been done before :), i work mainly in bespoke security systems, often re-design an item to be a better fit, or fit more situations than the original concepts required, once i conquer the problem i move on, not wanting to keep re-inventing the wheel so to speak.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like you've got a challenging and interesting job.

As a technician I was always wishing engineers were required to fix equipment for at least two years before being allowed to design it. I'd spend a lot of time waxing eloquent (or something like) on the idea, usually right after I'd spent hours tearing apart some equipment, just to get to the one component that seemed to fail most often. ;)

If you are designing something that's not throw away, please keep us poor suffering techs in mind. ;)

Anyway, I've probably contributed to more OT drift that I should. Don't worry. If i really wanted to tinker more with electronics, I would. I'm just playing 'the good old days'.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Sounds like you've got a challenging and interesting job.

As a technician I was always wishing engineers were required to fix equipment for at least two years before being allowed to design it. I'd spend a lot of time waxing eloquent (or something like) on the idea, usually right after I'd spent hours tearing apart some equipment, just to get to the one component that seemed to fail most often. ;)

If you are designing something that's not throw away, please keep us poor suffering techs in mind. ;)

Anyway, I've probably contributed to more OT drift that I should. Don't worry. If i really wanted to tinker more with electronics, I would. I'm just playing 'the good old days'.

:).
being mainly a service based engineer before going self employed, i always design with later repairs/servicing in mind, i do enjoy the design side i find it therapeutic, but being self taught and not formally trained in electronics, often it is frustrating, before the best idea 'hits' me.

when i get those 'what if?' moments of inspiration in the early hours. Circuit Wizard allows me to quickly try them without covering the lounge in wire and components. the ability to simulate on screen is a blessing.

when i show my grand children simple transistor circuits, the diagram shows the current flow directions, voltages and so on. they take great joy in shoving 240 volts onto a 6 volt rail and blowing up all the components in realism mode lol!

trust me, if you want to relive those bygone days before the more complex IC took the fun out of it, buy the program, you will have hours of fun.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, I admit you got me interested, so I went looking, but it seems to be a Windows only program. There is probably an OS X equivalent, and when I have some time I poke around to see what I can find. My memory is teasing that I've seen one or two of the ilk mentioned before. I probably won't be able to find one with a destructo mode though, and the child in me weeps in disappointment. :D

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my pc's are on windows 7, and sed to work on XP To, so perhaps a PC emulator on you MAC?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Nah, too much money for what little I'd use it. I see an iCircuits app in the App Store and Mac App Store that I might pick up. Not nearly as capable, I'm sure, but the only other app that looks good is $70 (Mac App Store). Maybe after I've saved enough for my next iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts