What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Pro and Blue Yeti Nano

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We have a Blue Yeti Nano microphone; it’s cable ends in USB-A. I have Apple’s adapter that connects USB-A to Lightning.

Blue’s site has only Mac and Windows versions of their Sherpa - which controls gain and pattern. Nothing for iPad.

Does this mean or suggest that Blue microphones aren’t intended for platforms other than Windows or Mac, regardless of whether they can be connected with cables?

Thank you

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It should just work when you plug it in. There is no special software. As far as I know iOS/iPadOS auto levels mic inputs. There is no master control for gain. Unless the software you are using has gain controls you have to hope the iOS device does a good job. I have not heard a lot of complaints about this, so I'm guessing it's ok for most people and uses.

Ferrite has input gain control for the iPad, but it is disabled on my iPhone. I believe Garage Band allows gain control when recording.

I'm guessing most video chat apps don't.

Most reactions

Latest posts