What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad passcode reset help!

kylek999

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A couple days ago, me and my buddies were partying and one of them changed my passcode. I've been trying for the past few days and I cant figure it out neither my buddies. It's now telling me to connect to itunes but it says I need to unlock it.

thanks

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It should unlock if you connect to the iTunes computer that it has been synced with.

iPadPaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
locked out

I, too, am unable to figure out the lock combination. I did connect the iPad to my computer (where it synced right up) but it is still requiring a passcode before letting me in at all.:ipad-keyboard: The passcode comes up right after slider key to unlock.

nhbeast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only way I know of to do this is to restore your device using the computer with which you last synced it. This allows you to reset your passcode and resync the data from the device (or restore from a backup).

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A couple days ago, me and my buddies were partying ...

thanks

Love that opening. To me it seems that the only way should be to make a full restore. If it was something simple, then the all issue of password was usless in the 1st place.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A couple days ago, me and my buddies were partying and one of them changed my passcode. I've been trying for the past few days and I cant figure it out neither my buddies. It's now telling me to connect to itunes but it says I need to unlock it.

thanks

Yup and i have a bridge to sell.

iPadPaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I appreciate all the participation - I did restore and then re-sync and will never play with passcode again unless I mean business (which inherently means actually remembering the passcode... :eek:). I am fine except that I will be re-purchasing some apps. At least I got all my books back! :ipad-peacock:

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I appreciate all the participation - I did restore and then re-sync and will never play with passcode again unless I mean business (which inherently means actually remembering the passcode... :eek:). I am fine except that I will be re-purchasing some apps. At least I got all my books back! :ipad-peacock:
Thanks for sharing with us, what you did. It will help others.

Cashmoney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Passcode

I just bought my iPad used, and I dont know how to restore it to make my own passcode...sucks!!!!nexus I can't buy nothing until it's done.

Most reactions