What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Crash!! Help please!

rentunes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad crashed whilst trying to send a message from my mail account. I tried to switch off and restart, but the device would not restart. Later I plugged it in to recharge the battery - it took ages to respond but now it says NOT CHARGING in the top right hand corner of the screen despite it being plugged in!

Is my battery damaged?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have it plugged into your computer or mains power? If it's plugged into your computer it will say "Not Charging" however it will charge very slowly while it is locked (screen turned off). if you want it to charge more quickly, be sure to use the supplied wall charger.

Also, you might want to try resetting (not restarting) your iPad:

Reset the iPad: You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake switch on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process takes a few minutes and then the iPad should be responsive again. More here:

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes!

Most reactions