What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Owners Unhappy at Fast Refresh

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was surprised about the iPad 4 upgrade so soon, but that's life with technology. I don't upgrade every time something new comes out, unless its really drastic. I generally upgrade every other year. I've noticed that my devices usually tend to get much slower by then. I love apple products, they just work well, in my opinion.

I think Samsung changes devices way too much for me, can't keep up.

I won't get the iPad 4, my 3 is great, but I may get the mini. It would be so much lighter in my purse!!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was surprised about the iPad 4 upgrade so soon, but that's life with technology. I don't upgrade every time something new comes out, unless its really drastic. I generally upgrade every other year. I've noticed that my devices usually tend to get much slower by then. I love apple products, they just work well, in my opinion.

I think Samsung changes devices way too much for me, can't keep up.

Samsung introduced my Galaxy Note phablet in October 2011, and has just intro'd the second one exactly a year later. It looks really nifty -- 2GBs of RAM and many new features, but I'm going to skip it. I buy when I'm ready, not when hardware makers determine, no matter how many upgrades they sell, lol.

It also doesn't matter to me if Apple introduces iPad 5 in another seven months or a year; I'll buy if it suits me.

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Samsung introduced my Galaxy Note phablet in October 2011, and has just intro'd the second one exactly a year later. It looks really nifty -- 2GBs of RAM and many new features, but I'm going to skip it. I buy when I'm ready, not when hardware makers determine, no matter how many upgrades they sell, lol.

It also doesn't matter to me if Apple introduces iPad 5 in another seven months or a year; I'll buy if it suits me.

I got the galaxy tab 7 plus, then a few months later they had the 7.7, then the tab 2.0.
I'm good with my tab 7.0, I did the update. I haven't looked at the phones much, but I do like the galaxy note 2, and SIII. My daughter has the s3 phone and loves it.

I have iPhone 4S, and don't think I'll be upgrading.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the galaxy tab 7 plus, then a few months later they had the 7.7, then the tab 2.0.
I'm good with my tab 7.0, I did the update. I haven't looked at the phones much, but I do like the galaxy note 2, and SIII. My daughter has the s3 phone and loves it.

I have iPhone 4S, and don't think I'll be upgrading.

I'm thinking about getting a Samsung full-size tab, but will wait till MS Surface pro debuts next quarter to see which way the wind blows. I like having SD card support.

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I'm thinking about getting a Samsung full-size tab, but will wait till MS Surface pro debuts next quarter to see which way the wind blows. I like having SD card support.

I looked at the full size tab too. Unfortunately best buy doesn't do a good job of keeping their displays working, so I didn't get to try it out too much.
I like the idea of being able to actually write on it. Let me know how you like it.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I looked at the full size tab too. Unfortunately best buy doesn't do a good job of keeping their displays working, so I didn't get to try it out too much.
I like the idea of being able to actually write on it. Let me know how you like it.

What I like to do is read up, and if a device really piques my interest, buy it. I figure I can always return or resell it if my research fell short, even if I have to pay a restocking fee.

For any tablet or smart phone, especially one I'm not familiar with from a previous generation, I need time and access to install apps, load content and otherwise kick the tires. Testing under florescent store lighting with limited device and content access falls way short to me.

Because Galaxy Note works well for me, I have a good feeling about a full-size Samsung tab. It was the same with iPad; I liked my iPhone, so I bought iPad 1 at debut without test driving till I got it home. Then the first thing I loaded were my Kindle books and I seem to remember doing the butt-wiggle of happiness as they magically appeared one after another on iPad.

The writing thing on Note -- it works fine, but my writing looks like a stroke patient's on any device I've tried, so I prefer to type.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i remember when i first saw the ipad 2 with the built in camera's and dual core processor, i wished i had never bought the ipad 1, which i had enjoyed for a few months :rolleyes:

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's a good idea. I have the option on my best buy account, where I can test out electronics for 90 days. I need to take advantage of that. I forgot about that option.

andytvcams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ipad 4 was not brought out to keep up with the latest and greatest nor was it brought out because it has a faster A6 chip and that its twice as fast than the ipad 3 with its wifi.it was however brought out because the ipad 3 was Flawed Ask yourself this question why have Apple pulled the ipad 3 completely from the market if you visit some websites that talk about the history of Apple products they quite happily talk about the ipad 1 they wax lyrical about the ipad 2 then they go on about how stunning the retina display is on the ipad 4 but not one mention of the ipad 3. and why has Apple all of a sudden have a hell of ipad 3 refurb models for sale. and while your at it take a look on ebay the ipad 3 resale value has dropped like a stone much more than the ipad 1 and 2 ever did Here in the UK those who bought the ipad 3 including me were screwed as Apple were advertising a product that was 4G LTE when it clearly was not like most brits they just love to come on to forums like this moan like hell but do nothing about it. as for me i spent months of research on the internet and found loads of complaints about the ipad 3 and the same complaint kept showing up time and time again wifi and cellular connection problems and this seemed to be happening from every country that was selling the ipad 3.

cayleg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPad 1/2/3(1st ver)/ipad mini Pissed off but now I'm cool lol

Ok I started with the ipad 1 it was great I made good use of it.
Then ipad 2 with cameras came out so I sold and upgraded to ipad 2 and it was sweet I love Skype and pictures
So I was happy.
Then ipad 3 came out with retina so I sold and upgraded - please keep in mind when I upgraded I went thru 5 iPads
With defects like screen wash out stuck pixels you name it even my third ipad 3 had a defective screen
It had light clearly showing in the corner?
So sold my ipad 3 after hearing about new ipad 3? I was pissed I had to work so hard to find a non ****ed up
Ipad3?!! Best buy had defects as well as london drugs and Futershop too!
So I sold and took a 400$ loss and got a ipad mini 16 gig and I'm happy as **** but I will only buy the lower
Priced stuff from now on- no 64 gig 3/4g top of the line I will only buy the basic as apple has not met my expectations
As the company I trusted
My dream would be for apple to open manufacturing in the US not in china
let china come up with its own stuff to sell and apple employ Americans
Cheers- and I'm Canadian :)

andytvcams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How is the 3 flawed? I've had mine since the March release and have had no issues with it.

I did not say all iPad 3 tablets were flawed I had mine for seven months and it worked perfectly.
I don't use mine for games so it would not be fair to comment but were Apple claim the A6 chip makes it twice as fast well the only thing I've found on the iPad 4 that is quicker is when you start it up everything else seems to run at the same pace as the iPad 3.

But one thing I can tell you the wifi on the tablet is dire now that is really slow.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did not say all iPad 3 tablets were flawed I had mine for seven months and it worked perfectly.
I don't use mine for games so it would not be fair to comment but were Apple claim the A6 chip makes it twice as fast well the only thing I've found on the iPad 4 that is quicker is when you start it up everything else seems to run at the same pace as the iPad 3.

But one thing I can tell you the wifi on the tablet is dire now that is really slow.

Well, the reviews said if you already have a 3 you don't need to purchase a 4 as they are almost identical.

Sent from my Wi-Fi Black 64GB
iPad with Retina Display using Tapatalk HD

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
andytvcams said:

You said the iPad 3 was flawed....you didn't qualify it. But you are wrong, it is not flawed...the cellular situation in the uk made it hard to provide reasonable support in the uk....but that was addressed in the new refresh....and given that android is releasing new tablets almost every week, and some for very low cost, it was really smart for apple to release the 4 now...and they have received a lot of editor choice awards for the 4th gen iPad. It is clearly the best tablet experience money can buy for most folks. If the mini gets a retina screen, more ram, and a more powerful processor, it has the chance of toppling the 9.7 inch version.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's the way of the industry. I'm sure the manufacturers would prefer to sit back and relax, but while the market is driven by competition they have no choice but to continually improve their models.

Well said!

If we wait to buy the best product we'll never make purchase because upgrades aren't going to stop.

Most reactions