What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Consumers Want iPhone 5, Not iPad Mini, According to Survey

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I'm willing to pay full price for a phone, but at this point I'm not sure how they could tempt me. My phones already do so much, and it's not like I'm craving more features. If 4S hadn't been offered in 64GBs, I probably wouldn't have upgraded from iPhone 4. And then I got a 5" Samsung Galaxy Note.

I know a lot of people with iPhones, and the older ones -- 40s and above -- don't seem so keen on the latest anything. They can all afford upgrades, but I see a good number carrying iPhones from a generation or two ago. The younger people (20-somethings I know) seem keenest on the latest devices.

My iPad 1 and 2 still work well, and Apple didn't tempt me with the latest iPad. I'd like get excited about a new iPad, but part of Apple's problem is they've already made me content. And stuff I'd get excited about, like SD card access, isn't something Apple offers.

I also know a good number of people with iPads (more middle age than younger ones) and they seem happy enough without upgrading.

It does seem as if phones have matured and there doesn't seem to be much else new to be done. Except for the lack of LTE, I could see myself using my iPhone for several more years, except that I will need a dopamine fix in order to continue to feel alive.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unleashed said:
I have the new iPad 64 gb and lte but I would get the new iPhone and stick with the new iPad even if there is a iPad mini aka the iPod touch lol I like the size of the current iPad and even though it is a little on the heavy side it's mostly on my lap or resting some where to make typing easier so the case was a good idea. The only thing that would be better is a 128gb model and even then I would still not buy the iPad mini, the iPad is something I don't plan on upgrading any time soon maybe once every 5 years but the iPhone every 2

+1. Except, depending on what the mini is, I might want it. We shall see. I hope the iPhone 5 is a hit, but I'm sort of doubting it will be. What can they do to impress folks? Just offer the latest and appease the faithful? Sad.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does seem as if phones have matured and there doesn't seem to be much else new to be done. Except for the lack of LTE, I could see myself using my iPhone for several more years, except that I will need a dopamine fix in order to continue to feel alive.

Lol.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no interest in a small iPad outside my listed desire to gift my brothers with them. I would love an iPhone 5 but I'm not upgradeable until feb. however, someone told me there's a way around paying non commitment prices when a NEW IPHONE is released?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no interest in a small iPad outside my listed desire to gift my brothers with them. I would love an iPhone 5 but I'm not upgradeable until feb. however, someone told me there's a way around paying non commitment prices when a NEW IPHONE is released?

Depends which country you buy in. Plus, even in countries where you must buy with a data contract, you can always buy on the secondary market. Some people buy, resell and keep their contract commitment but use another phone. The carrier doesn't care as long as the commitment is kept and it's getting paid.

Vulcan210

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I enjoy using my iPad 3 but I rather have an iPhone 5 than an iPad mini. Apple usually releases updated versions of their products. I don't have a problem with this and I don't buy every single version of a product. Other companies such as Samsung have a larger amount of
products at different price ranges, Apple could rival this by creating a iPad that could be more like a kindle and at a lower price range for people who can't afford a regular iPad. I am just guessing all of this and I would love to hear other people's opinions about this.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Depends which country you buy in. Plus, even in countries where you must buy with a data contract, you can always buy on the secondary market. Some people buy, resell and keep their contract commitment but use another phone. The carrier doesn't care as long as the commitment is kept and it's getting paid.

If list price is 600, I'll sell this iPhone 4 for about 200-250 and that'll get me halfway there.

cherryhesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If list price is 600, I'll sell this iPhone 4 for about 200-250 and that'll get me halfway there.
Agreed. That list price is doable after you sell your current phone. And list price means no contract and "unlocked"!! It's time to get me some o' that "$45/mo for unlimited everything action"! :-0

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cherryhesh said:
Agreed. That list price is doable after you sell your current phone. And list price means no contract and "unlocked"!! It's time to get me some o' that "$45/mo for unlimited everything action"! :-0

Absolutely.

Most reactions

Latest posts