What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad not connecting to itunes

wildsdi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 3rd Gen iPad which is sync-ed with iTunes running on my Windows 8.1 PC.
I sync only when I need to load new stuff. I wanted to transfer some books and connected my iPad and it was not being recognized. I updated my iTunes to 12 but still not connecting. Device manager says that driver is missing. I have uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled it but to no avail.
Now windows update is not working too.
Help.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 3rd Gen iPad which is sync-ed with iTunes running on my Windows 8.1 PC.
I sync only when I need to load new stuff. I wanted to transfer some books and connected my iPad and it was not being recognized. I updated my iTunes to 12 but still not connecting. Device manager says that driver is missing. I have uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled it but to no avail.
Now windows update is not working too.
Help.
The Windows update is not related to iTunes not recognizing the iPad.

If you remove iTunes, you also have to delete software components related to it. If you didn't, this might be the reason why iTunes doesn't recognize your iPad.
To completely remove iTunes and related components from your computer, see this link: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1923

Reinstall iTunes again afterwards. Then connect your iPad. If it works the same way it does on my notebook, the computer will install the missing drivers, and iTunes will be able to recognize your iDevice.

Hope that helps.

OP
W

wildsdi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had to reinstall windows 8.1 to get it working again. Probably missing dll files.

Most reactions

Latest posts