What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 3 basically useless

sking1111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't get the Ipad to sync with Itunes. Don't know if it's a Itunes problem or a Ipad problem. I'm trying to transfer a movie I purchased from my PC to the Pad and in the middle of the sync Itunes freezes up. Only half of the transfer was done. I can't even restore my Ipad anymore as in the middle of the extraction itunes freezes up. I uninstalled Itunes and reinstalled it to no avail. Anybody know why it's doing this? It's not jailbroken.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Have you tried shutting down and restarting the iPad?

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like an issue with the PC. Could be USB related. Are you connecting directly to the PC (no hub) and using the original cable (3rd party cables can be a problem. Even old Apple cables can be a problem)... ?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also, play around with which usb port you are using. On one of my PCs, one usb port works better than the other. I blame the cheap case for that, but it is what it is.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some computers will have fast USB 2 ports and some cheapskate motherboards have a mix of USB 2/1, the older USB 1 ports can give issues like you are having, normally the rear ports are fast.
Further when iTunes is installed and you plug the iPad in the first time it loads device drivers for the iPad, people get impatient, and unplug the iPad during this period and totally mess up the process which can cause issues later on.
Repairing this problem normally requires a geeky friend to assist , or if you like to self troubleshoot , browse the apple support area for answers.

Most reactions