What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad not charging?

kdryan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Until now, my iPad has functioned flawlessly, but now when I plug it in, it will not charge. It has never charged when plugged into my laptop, but has always done so when plugged into the car or at home. Does anyone have a suggestion why this is or what I might do?

Kevin

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It could be the charger, the cord, or the iPad itself. If you have spares for the first two give them a try. If the only thing common is the iPad then give Apple a call. If it's an iPad 2, then it should still be covered by the hardware warranty.

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When plugged into the laptop it is charging but it's more a trickle charge and the laptop just reports back that it's not. You can download a small program for you laptop called ASUS AI Charger that will show your ipad charging via the laptop.

Does sound like your wall charger has gone bad. You can pickup a Belkin wall charger at Wallmart for pretty cheap

melb3153

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad not charging

My iPad 2 has just started to have this problem. Was able to sync to iTunes but not charging at wall. Any ideas appreciated.
thanks

dellboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 has just started to have this problem. Was able to sync to iTunes but not charging at wall. Any ideas appreciated.
thanks

I have the same problem, when I have my iPad2 plugged into the pc the message says not charging.Any ideas please?.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
dellboy said:
I have the same problem, when I have my iPad2 plugged into the pc the message says not charging.Any ideas please?.

USB2.0 does not provide sufficient power to charge the iPad. It does actually charge, but very slowly. I am led to believe that USB3.0 will charge an iPad but you would have to ask a user who has a newer computer than I do.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

sherrygodmother

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem so I bought a charging station for the iPhone and iPad. Charges quickly. I save the a
Wall charger for trips when I usually just plug in all night.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kingnba6 said:
download ASUS Ai Charger - Quick charge your iPod, iPhone and even iPad! for your computers and laptops. fixes the charging issue.

That seems a bit too good to be true. How does the software a able a USB port to have a higher voltage output to charge iPads etc? Surely it would affect other USB devices adversely? Has anyone tried it out? Does it work on all motherboards?

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes i have tried it! i use it on all my computers and laptops! from all my old ones to new ones!

basically what it does is bypass the voltage regulator of the computer and adds that extra "power" to the port to give the ipad the charging signal.

my ports, devices and computers are still working 100% fine and ive been using it for at least 1 year and half now

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kingnba6 said:
yes i have tried it! i use it on all my computers and laptops! from all my old ones to new ones!

basically what it does is bypass the voltage regulator of the computer and adds that extra "power" to the port to give the ipad the charging signal.

my ports, devices and computers are still working 100% fine and ive been using it for at least 1 year and half now

Tried it and it makes absolutely no difference at all. My iPad show's not charging when connected to the USB port.

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
really now? i have it installed on 7 year old computers, to new netbooks, computers and laptops.

does the little cable indicator show up on the bottom?

ericchua79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
melb3153 said:
thanks

Hi same for me too... But when I use Mac book it able to charge but using window laptop say not charging...... Anything wrong.....

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah macs come with extra or should i say the power is not held back in the usb ports unlike windows pcs

ericchua79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kingnba6 said:
yeah macs come with extra or should i say the power is not held back in the usb ports unlike windows pcs

Oic.... Tat mean that my iPad is not faulty...rite.....

Most reactions