What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging question?

iceman72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone I have the White 32g Wifi only. I noticed that when I plug the iPad 2 into my USB port on my computer it does not charge it. As a matter of fact it says "not charging" or something like that. Is there any way to make it charge when plugged into my pc?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The USB port on your computer can provide a maximum of 500 mA of current, while the special iPad charger provides 2 A - four times as much. When the iPad is plugged into your PC's USB port there is not enough current to charge the iPad normally - at best it's a trickle charge - so the iPad displays that message to 'warn you' to plug it into its own charger.

Tim

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey everyone I have the White 32g Wifi only. I noticed that when I plug the iPad 2 into my USB port on my computer it does not charge it. As a matter of fact it says "not charging" or something like that. Is there any way to make it charge when plugged into my pc?
It does charge on my PC when plugged in. Try this if you want to charge your iPad via your PC. When connected make sure your iPad is in sleep mode. PS. Only downfall by this method is it will take too long to completely charge your battery.

OP
I

iceman72

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It does charge on my PC when plugged in. Try this if you want to charge your iPad via your PC. When connected make sure your iPad is in sleep mode. PS. Only downfall by this method is it will take too long to completely charge your battery.

I will try that.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you need to be able to use your iPad charger to charge your iPad while, at the same time keep it connected to your PC, you can purchase Y-style USB cables that will allow you to connect the USB end of the iPad's cable to two USB ports - one you can plug into your PC the other you can connect to your iPad charger.

Tim

Snehulak14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Iceman72, I had same problem " No charging" with my Acer laptop.
I download " ASUS Ai Charger" and that fix my problem. I have iPad 32 wifi, 3G.
Works great.

Last edited:

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm ok withe ipad not charging when connected to my computer. I'm just wondering why it takes so long to charge on it's own charger plugged into the wall. Anybody know why?

Most reactions

Latest posts