What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad not charging

AbDullah_q8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heeelp
My ipad not charging
I use it untill its empty
Then j try to chatge it
& its charge only 5% of power
Then its not charching

Help plzzzzzz

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fabytm said:
Are you trying to charge it at the wall or at your PC/laptop?

Yes uts same
Charge then turn off after 5% & not charging

Just another thought - I've probably misunderstood your original post, so please forgive me if I have.

Are you saying that your iPad 'turns off' when it reaches 5%? i.e. the screen lock becomes active and the screen goes blank? If that's the problem, don't worry, because the iPad continues to charge even when the screen is blank - i.e. when the iPad is either switched off or in sleep mode.

As the other poster mentioned, you need to charge with *the iPad charger* - an iPhone or PC USB port does not the necessary current to rapidly charge the iPad and the iPad displays this by the 'not charging' logo. So don't use an iPhone charger.

The special iPad wall adaptor charges at 2 A - about 4 times the rate of a normal USB connection. So make sure you use only the special 10 W iPad charger that came with your iPad.

Tim
Scotland

OP
A

AbDullah_q8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fabytm said:
You may have a problem with your iDevice...

I hope not
Im charging it now .... But not from pc
With power holder ...
I hope its work

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great news - glad you've got your iPad charging again!!

Hope you have a great day and enjoy your iPad.

Don't hesitate to post any questions or experiences that you have.

We'd love to hear from you again.

Tim
Scotland

GadgetLady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AbDullah_q8 said:
Heeelp
My ipad not charging
I use it untill its empty
Then j try to chatge it
& its charge only 5% of power
Then its not charching

Help plzzzzzz

I have had this issue since I got my iPad in May of last year. When I allow the battery level to go below 30% or so, sometimes the device will not charge, even when plugged into the proper A/C adapter. I have sometimes plugged it in at night, only to wake up and find the battery level at 10%! Once it was at 1%.

A reset before plugging in the charger seems to fix this. So now I always do a reset before I plug in the charger. Once my battery had drained down to 1%, and didn't have enough power to reset. That time, I was able to plug into a computer USB & charge the device to 4%. Then I reset it & plugged it into the wall.

I hope this helps someone.

GadgetLady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had this issue since I got my iPad in May of last year. When I allow the battery level to go below 30% or so, sometimes the device will not charge, even when plugged into the proper A/C adapter. I have sometimes plugged it in at night, only to wake up and find the battery level at 10%! Once it was at 1%.

A reset before plugging in the charger seems to fix this. So now I always do a reset before I plug in the charger. Once my battery had drained down to 1%, and didn't have enough power to reset. That time, I was able to plug into a computer USB & charge the device to 4%. Then I reset it & plugged it into the wall.

I hope this helps someone.

Most reactions

Latest posts