What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad not charging but did charge

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[QUOTE="]

Here is something strange thing. My iPad when I attached to the computer was like 75% charged. The iPad was plugged in to backup for the first time which took about 2 hours. Anyway this morning the iPad was fully charged.

Could this be the type of computer being synced to?

This brings me to a question. Since the iPad is now backed up to the new computer when I then sync the device again will alltge applications stay on the iPad instead of being deleted?

Yesterday before I did any backup I synced the iPad to the new omputer and chose the option to transfer purchases. After the iPad was synced only a few if the applications were lift on the iPad.

I have. I idea why.

Luckily I was ably to restore the iPad from the original backup that I have on the older computer. By the that restore was perfect. Even restored to the point to where I could sign in to these various forums automatically like before.

All my video downloads were there on my Tagdisk and other video downloading applications and these were the applications that were removed.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

Last edited:

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did the iPad say it was "not charging" right in the status bar. On some computers it actually would be charging despite that.

Sent from my jailbroken K48.

OP
WitchOneSalem

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
biobunny said:
Did the iPad say it was "not charging" right in the status bar. On some computers it actually would be charging despite that.

Sent from my jailbroken K48.

[QUOTE="]

Yes the above is correct "not charging". The battery emblem did not change either

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipads need more current than iphones, not the larger charger, you old pc might have had z bit more current available.

You can download a free program from ASUS (usb booster i think) which increases the power available from USB sockets on any make if PC.

Most reactions