What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad newbie...newbie problems

piper109

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I just received this ipad for my birthday, the first since I retired.
Still stumbling around trying to make stuff work.

Where is a good instruction manual to be found?

I already had a problem when my newly set up Apps would not work from the apps page. Tap the icons...nada :confused:.
They would work however when I selected them on the search page after entering a letter or two. Not sure whats going on so I joined this community.

Looking forward to learning and enjoying :)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

Ask and ye shall receive! You can download a copy of the iPad User Guide for free in several different formats.

a) As a free PDF download from the Apple website --

Apple - Support - Manuals

userguide.jpg

This can (and should!) be saved on your computer and your iPad.

b) As a free iBook once you download the free iBook app from the iTunes App Store.

c) Online using the link provided in the Safari favorites on your iPad.

The answers to many questions, especially if this is your first Apple mobile "iDevice", can be answered by spending some quality time with this handy document.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, I agree! You can open Safari, go to bookmarks ( looks like an poem book at the right upper corner.
It I automatically there on every iPad I know of! It is a whole manual for the iPad you have.
Which numbeR Ipad do you own? I could be wrong if it is a higher number than I'm used to?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree! You can open Safari, go to bookmarks ( looks like an poem book at the right upper corner. It I automatically there on every iPad I know of! It is a whole manual for the iPad you have. Which numbeR Ipad do you own? I could be wrong if it is a higher number than I'm used to?
Welcome aboard!
Ahem! Just pointing out this "newby" OP made that one and only post almost three years ago. But of course the link to the iPad manuals is still good to go today;)
Andrew

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ahem! Just pointing out this "newby" OP made that one and only post almost three years ago. But of course the link to the iPad manuals is still good to go today;)
Andrew

Yes, Andrew. I am having trouble with the settings because when I set it to ( first or last ) unread post I get sent to the beginning of the forum to all the threads that I are there from the beginning of the IPF! So now i am being as careful as i can to check how long ago what ever page opens was posted! I am learning as I stumble and bumble along, making mistakes and learning from them. It is the mistakes i didn't make but show up as though i made them and then I get in trouble for that really hurt me! :eek:. ;)

Man plans. God laughs. :D
Love and Beloved.

Most reactions

Latest posts