What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad music folder in German

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ought my iPad mini two days ago so only just checked out the music folder, which is in German, any ideas how I can change it? Everything else in the iPad is set to English, so I don't have any idea why this is happening. Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I ought my iPad mini two days ago so only just checked out the music folder, which is in German, any ideas how I can change it? Everything else in the iPad is set to English, so I don't have any idea why this is happening. Thanks

Hi Milliebert - I see that you are listed as being in England, but did you purchase the iPad Mini (and set it up) in Germany, i.e. you may be 'signed-in' to the German iTunes/App store? If the reason, then check this Apple Communities Thread - let us know your results and post back if you question remains unanswered - Dave :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Milliebert - I see that you are listed as being in England, but did you purchase the iPad Mini (and set it up) in Germany, i.e. you may be 'signed-in' to the German iTunes/App store? If the reason, then check this Apple Communities Thread - let us know your results and post back if you question remains unanswered - Dave :)

The language in iTunes/App Store doesn't depend on the account or in which country it is set up. I have an Austrian Apple ID, my iPad was set up in Austria, but I chose English as language. You'll see this in my screenshot:

image-942638445.jpg

The language for an iPad can be chosen in Settings - General - International - Language. This will affect the whole iPad, not only parts of it. That's why I'm wondering what was happening to this member, when only the Music app is in German, nothing else.

I'd try to restart the device (turn off, wait for a few minutes, turn it off again) or reset it (press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears).

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The language in iTunes/App Store doesn't depend on the account or in which country it is set up. I have an Austrian Apple ID, my iPad was set up in Austria, but I chose English as language. You'll see this in my screenshot:

Thanks Johanna for your experienced input - I've only dealt w/ English, so just could not figure out why just the Music App would be in German w/ all others in English unless related to the iTunes store, the app, or the initial setup - hope that your comments help the OP - Dave :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Johanna for your experienced input - I've only dealt w/ English, so just could not figure out why just the Music App would be in German w/ all others in English unless related to the iTunes store, the app, or the initial setup - hope that your comments help the OP - Dave :)
That's what I can't figure out as well. There's no way to set Music only to a different language, afaik.

OP
Milliebert

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your replies. I bought the iPad in England, set it up in English, and as I hope you can see if my attachment worked, my playlist is clearly German! Beats me!

Attachments

• image-2692865687.jpg
    image-2692865687.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
OP
Milliebert

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't dedicated much time to this as I'm currently on 13 hour shifts at work, but on closer inspection, the app is in English and it's just the actual playlists which appear to be in German.

OP
Milliebert

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem now solved!

I just changed the whole iPad language to French, then back to English and it cleared it. Must've been a tiny bug!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's definitely strange. Though I notice that most of those lists are empty. You can probably just delete them and make some new ones in English.

Just swipe left on the playlist and you'll get a delete key.

Unless they are supposed to be synced from a computer using iTunes; in which case you should check, delete, create, and/or edit them there and sync again.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just read about another person's Evernote app being in Chinese. The problem sounds similar, and I've recommended he try your solution. But it made me think there might be a localization bug in iOS 7. If you've got the time I recommend (ask) that you send feedback to Apple, so they have a chance to fix it.

Apple - iPad - Feedback

Thanks

OP
Milliebert

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just read about another person's Evernote app being in Chinese. The problem sounds similar, and I've recommended he try your solution. But it made me think there might be a localization bug in iOS 7. If you've got the time I recommend (ask) that you send feedback to Apple, so they have a chance to fix it. Apple - iPad - Feedback Thanks

Thanks, I sent feedback.

Most reactions

Latest posts