What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad movies have no sound

erinhannon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the original iPad and I recently downloaded the most recent software update and downloaded the latest version of iTunes. Prior to doing this, the videos on my iPad worked perfectly. After updating everything, certain videos do not produce sound. The videos I have purchased from iTunes still work without a problem, but the other videos that I ripped to MP4 files and uploaded to my iPad do not have any sound. I have tried everything, including restoring my iPad. I hope someone can help me!

Reaction score
Your iPad is probably muted.

To unmute, either
-change the Side-Switch above the volume rocker
-enter the Multitaskbar by pressing the home button twice and then sliding left. The button furthest left either locks the devices orientation or mutes the device. If the speaker is shown tap it.

In 4.3 you can set the function of the Side-Swith, so you have to see, which one you need to change to get the iPad unmated again.

OP
E

erinhannon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is not muted, my iPad will produce sound for everything else including my music, games, etc.

Most reactions

Latest posts