What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sound in Video App Not Working

xhuntercx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently added a couple of movie to my iPad (The Dark Knight, Bourne Ultimatum, and Die Hard). , But whenever I open the movie from the videos app there is no sound in any of the movies. 5 minutes into it a sound that sounds like TV static will come on for short blips periodically.:confused:

This happens to all of the movies I wan to put on my iPad. The sound works great on the rest of my iPad and in every single app it is perfect. I knnow theres nothing wrong with the movies because they play fine on itunes.

I've already restarted it and synced multiple times. Any tips would b great. I just hope theat I dont have to send it to apple or even have to restore. Thanks.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
At a guess, i would say it is an issue with the audio codec being used, as the pc/mac can play a wider range of codecs

I bleed in 6 colours

OP
xhuntercx

xhuntercx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
?

At a guess, i would say it is an issue with the audio codec being used, as the pc/mac can play a wider range of codecs

I bleed in 6 colours

So what does that mean? .... I have no idea what you just said.

OP
xhuntercx

xhuntercx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PS- the videos are in . mp4 format and were ripped off DVDs with WINx DVD Ripper Platinum

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
xhuntercx said:

Videos use 2 codecs, 1 for video and 1 for audio, there are numerous codecs availble, most if not all will play on a pc, however, only a few will work on the native ipad app.

The fact that the videos play fine on the pc means that the ipad does not like the audio codec

Trying downloading a video from the itunes app on the ipad, say a podcast, and see if that plays fine, if it does, then it is definately a problem with the audio codec, if not then try reinstalling the movie app or see if it does the same with a diff video app

What audio bitrate are you using? As it could be too high

I bleed in 6 colours

OP
xhuntercx

xhuntercx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

I understand it alot better now. Thanks. I'll try what you said.

OP
xhuntercx

xhuntercx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
xhuntercx said:

Videos use 2 codecs, 1 for video and 1 for audio, there are numerous codecs availble, most if not all will play on a pc, however, only a few will work on the native ipad app.

The fact that the videos play fine on the pc means that the ipad does not like the audio codec

Trying downloading a video from the itunes app on the ipad, say a podcast, and see if that plays fine, if it does, then it is definately a problem with the audio codec, if not then try reinstalling the movie app or see if it does the same with a diff video app

What audio bitrate are you using? As it could be too high

I bleed in 6 colours

Now that I downloaded a movie directly from iTunes I can hear the audio but it is impossible to hear clearly because. there is the horrible static in the background. I now there is nothing wrong with the "codec" because It played on my iPod touch. :confused:

Any more help would be appreciated...

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
xhuntercx said:
Now that I downloaded a movie directly from iTunes I can hear the audio but it is impossible to hear clearly because. there is the horrible static in the background. I now there is nothing wrong with the "codec" because It played on my iPod touch. :confused:

Any more help would be appreciated...

Now that is strange.... I am as stumped as you now :(

I bleed in 6 colours

Most reactions

Latest posts