What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Mobile Me Users?

Are you a mobile me user?

• Yes!

Votes: 94 50.5%
  • No!

Votes: 70 37.6%
  • Thinking About It!

Votes: 22 11.8%

• Total voters

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you use the Mobile Me service by Apple?

iPadGator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Signed up for this because of the locator/remote wiping functionality. But am exceptionally underwhelmed by the rest of the functionality. Really lame.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll spend the money on apps and accesssories. I don't keep any info on it of much value to thieves,(who wants Auntie Barbara's hotmail account, anyway?) but the ability to brick it if stolen would give me a certain rueful satisfaction.

dallasfever

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never had gps security on my laptop or netbook I don't see why all of a sudden why I would spend $100 Yr!!!! I look at this like a big phone. Windows and Android have programs that do the same thing for free!

SWdp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already have a mobile me account so I do use it with my iPad. Good Reader is a great app and let's me access my backed up idisk programs from my iPad. It's a very efficient way to have access to a lot of your files without preloading them on the iPad.

mrdinh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just want to share my calendar with my wife...not sure its worth it yet

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never had gps security on my laptop or netbook I don't see why all of a sudden why I would spend $100 Yr!!!! I look at this like a big phone. Windows and Android have programs that do the same thing for free!

It's not all about "gps security"

It's 20 gigs of hosting in the cloud, email addy, syncing contacts, emails, calendars, bookmarks ect across multiple devices and a photo gallery that has public and private options per photo album. The remote wipe and find my device features are nice also, but not the whole thing.

I have it because I like that it keeps my mac, ipad and iphone all in sync plus it allows me one stop shopping for sharing pictures with my family across the US.

kheldour

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's 20 gigs of hosting in the cloud, email addy, syncing contacts, emails, calendars, bookmarks ect across multiple devices and a photo gallery that has public and private options per photo album. The remote wipe and find my device features are nice also, but not the whole thing.

I have it because I like that it keeps my mac, ipad and iphone all in sync plus it allows me one stop shopping for sharing pictures with my family across the US.

Yeah, that is exactly the point. MobileMe is perfect for users, who live in the Apple ecosystem. I have two Macs, two iPhones, two iPads, and the web-access, which are all on sync. And it doesn't matter, on which device I change a piece of information, it will be on any device (which is registered and associated to my account) instantly.

I also use the iDisk for storing informations and with GoodReader it's like having an extra 20GB.

I love it.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dropbox, box.net or Google Docs (when Documents to Go for iPad ships) are pretty good alternatives if you don't need a lot of space.

Imcluis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mobile me with my work. I love it I use the calendar and. Publish my iWeb. I use the mail and really all aspects of it. The iDisk can sometimes be a pain in the butt. But I like it.

Most reactions

Latest posts